I HATE IE

Jump to solution
02-15-2013 06:16 AM
philippschnetzer
Occasional Contributor III
eventhough this may not be the appropriate place to post this question I am running out of options so I'm doing it anyway!

I have set up a new 3.1 project in flash builder 4.6.  I have a central landing page where the user can choose from 3 apps (configured via .xml) and then also specify to go to the Public version or the Admin Login version.  I made this happen using two index.html files - one I called index.html and the other (used for the admin apps) is called index2.html.  In flash builder I had to setup each module to not be optimized for a particular application so that when I build the project I can build/compile both index files at once.

Everything worked great just the way I had planned it...and then I tried it in the dreaded IE.  The admin sites (which use index2.html) will take the user to a login screen (which still works in IE), but then after logging in everything loads (static images, header, widgets, etc...) But the actual basemap and operational layers will not load.  My scalebar in IE shows an NaN KM and blank for the lat/lon.

I went to my server and added index2.html to IIS default docs, tried every possible combination of IE/compatability mode/popup blocker/security settings...

And, my two index files are identical other than one has the state="Viewer" and the index2.html has state="Login".  Wouldn't be a big deal but so many people are still using IE it's incredible!

I should note that this all works flawlessly in Chrome and FireFox...

Thank you for Any insight into this!
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Phillip,

Your issue sounds similar to this one that I posted some code to resolve:

http://forums.arcgis.com/threads/25899-Login-Screen-for-the-Flexviewer?p=139178&viewfull=1#post13917...

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Phillip,

Your issue sounds similar to this one that I posted some code to resolve:

http://forums.arcgis.com/threads/25899-Login-Screen-for-the-Flexviewer?p=139178&viewfull=1#post13917...
0 Kudos
philippschnetzer
Occasional Contributor III
Robert,

I cannot thank you enough, that worked perfectly!
0 Kudos