I get error #2038 after updating ver 3.6 to ver 3.7 of ArcGIS for Flex.

12-07-2015 06:31 AM
José_AndrésSevilla_Hernández
New Contributor

After updating my 3.6 ver. of Flex Viewer to 3.7 I decided I had to update the API, as well, as I was having issues with panel-up and down symbols not appearing in the open-close control for the attributes.

Everything seemed to install ok until the installer itself opened the appbuilder. Everything had a curly arrow instead of a pencil and the only option was to update each of my applications . By doing so, I received a warning about the lack of undoability of the step, though I proceeded lke the last time I updated the software. After hitting ok I got an error 2038 stating there was a problem with some transfer from localstore to somewhere else.

Now I am left in a status where I cannot edit nor update the applications and where I lost (though previously having backed'em up) two of my apps.

I guess this has to do with the sequence of updates I followed, but have no idea on how to fix the mess. It seems that I did not fully understand the steps and downloaded the viewer update and installed it before the API, which seems to have messed everything up.

Now I fear I will lose my apps if I try to update them.

Any ideas?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

José,

Have you done actual code modifications to these apps (not just changing xml files)? If not, then really your changes to the default app are all contained in the different xml files. This means that you can pretty easily re-create your app by clicking the "Create a New application" and then going to the new apps directory on your machine (i.e. c:\inetpub\flexviewers\[app name]\) and replace the config.xml with the one from your 3.6 version of the app and then for each widget you configured do the same, replace the widgets xxWidget.xml file with the 3.6 version.

0 Kudos