Select to view content in your preferred language

How do I create a geoprocessing service for the print widget?

Jump to solution
06-08-2015 02:55 PM
TravisSlack
Deactivated User

I am running ArcServer 10.0 with Flexviewer 3.6 using the print widget. Any time I enable Print with ArcGIS server I get errors that there is no GP service and there isn't. My problem is I can't find any documentation about creating a GP service for a print task for 10.0 only 10.1 and greater. Can anyone walk me through this? I get to the part of selecting create new geoprocessing service and then

"The tools exposed by the Geoprocessing service are stored in: "

and do I choose synchronous or asychronous?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MattiasEkström
Regular Contributor

There was no printTask in version 10.0, it was introduced in 10.1. That's why there no documentation for 10.0. You need to use a printTask from another ArcGIS Server that is 10.1 or greater, or upgrade your own ArcGIS Server.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Those tools are normally exposed in the Utilities folder of the REST services, like shown here in 10.3:

Task: Export Web Map Task

However, I don't see such a folder at the 10.0 sample server: Folder: /

Isn't it possible to use the 10.3 sample server in the configuration of the widget?

TravisSlack
Deactivated User

How do I use the 10.3 sample server such that it adds the printing GP service and ask for me?

Thanks

0 Kudos
XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor

The sample server will not add a GP service to your server. You can (as far as I understand) configure the service in the print widget as explained here: ArcGIS Viewer for Flex

The url used in the Help page is: Task: Export Web Map Task from arcgis online.

0 Kudos
TravisSlack
Deactivated User

"By default, a synchronous geoprocessing task is created when ArcGIS Server is installed and initially configured. This means that no other work is required on ArcGIS Server to enable using the PrintTask"

This was not installed by default for me and this is the part I could not figure out. All of the documentation regarding setup I see involves the task already being created on a 10.1> version.

0 Kudos
MattiasEkström
Regular Contributor

There was no printTask in version 10.0, it was introduced in 10.1. That's why there no documentation for 10.0. You need to use a printTask from another ArcGIS Server that is 10.1 or greater, or upgrade your own ArcGIS Server.