How change "Sign In" form in flex 3?

Jump to solution
07-05-2012 09:53 PM
parvazparvaz
New Contributor III
Hi
I,m working on flex 3, I want to customize "Sign In" form, but I did not find any solution.
for example I want to change "Please sign in to access..." to "please enter your personal code..." or something else.

Best regards
A.ponker
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
parvazparvaz
New Contributor III
Hi
I solved problem. many thanks. it is related to flex version.
many thanks for your good help.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
21 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
A.ponker,

This can be done two different ways:

1. Customize the LoginWindow.mxml that can be found in the arcgis_api_for_flex_3_0\ArcGIS_Flex\skins\src\com\esri\ags\skins\supportClasses folder from the AGS Flex API download and add it to your Flex Viewer project.

2. Localize the ESRIMessages.properties file so that you can change the text for the "loginWindow_info" string and add that file to your flex viewer project in the locale folder for your language choice. Details concerning that can be found here: http://help.arcgis.com/en/webapi/flex/help/index.html#//017p00000007000000 and the existing ESRIMessages.properties file can be found here: http://help.arcgis.com/en/webapi/flex/supportfiles/ESRIMessages.properties

Either way you have a little work ahead of you.

Don't forget to click the Mark as answer check on this post and to click the top arrow (promote).
Follow the steps as shown in the below graphic:
0 Kudos
parvazparvaz
New Contributor III
Hi, many thanks. I localized and add below lines to end of my flex viewer strings properties, but Sign In form did not change!!!!!!!!

What should I do for solving this problem?

# -- UI related messages for LoginWindow --
#
loginWindow_title=Login
loginWindow_info=Please log in to access {0} on {1}
loginWindow_username=Username
loginWindow_password=Password
loginWindow_OK=OK
loginWindow_loggingIn=Logging in....
loginWindow_cancel=Cancel
loginWindow_error=Invalid username/password. Please try again.
loginWindow_insecure=Your password will be sent unencrypted.

Regards
A.ponker
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
A.ponker,

So you followed all the instructions in the link for localization as far as adding the modified ESRIMessages.properties file to your FlexViewer project in the locale folder in en_US?
0 Kudos
parvazparvaz
New Contributor III
Yes. my application has english language. and I added above lines to my en-us "viewer strings properties". Is that correct?
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
A.ponker,

Nope not even close. Have you read any of the link I provided about localization?..

1. You need to click on the second link I provided and copy all the text from that link.

2. In Flex Viewer open the FlexViewer3.0\locale\en_US\ package in the package Explorer and right click and choose new>file

3. Name it ESRIMessages.properties

4. Paste the data from step 1 and then make the change to the login stuff.

0 Kudos
parvazparvaz
New Contributor III
Hi
I did this. But Sign In form has not text and description! I attached preview of my flex builder. I dont know is my "ESRIMessages.properties" position correct or not?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
A.ponker,

What do you mean "But Sign In form has not text and description!" Is the whole form missing the text now? I have tested the steps I outlined and am able to change the text.
0 Kudos
parvazparvaz
New Contributor III
Yes whole the form missing text. This is preview:

0 Kudos
parvazparvaz
New Contributor III
Is there any different between flex 2.5 and flex 3? Because I,m using flex 3 and you are using flex 2.5?
0 Kudos