HeaderControllerWidget - Are there any tags to help improve search results

Jump to solution
02-04-2015 03:15 AM
JonHawkins
New Contributor II

Hi

Is there any way to improve the search results of the HeaderControllerWidget so that it only returns records that 100% equal the search value entered, rather than ranking other records that contain the value higher in the results

Here is the problem:

I have the widget set to search one layer within one map service only. The layer contains 55,000+ Planning Applications.

The service is set to search only one varchar field (Application_Number).

<searchfields>Application_Number</searchfields>

The problem is if I enter the application number 00226 the HeaderControllerWidget selects records that contain 00226 eg. WC002260 , 7500226 and does not display the record that only has this value.

If I use the search widget and enter 00226 the correct record is selected. This is no doubt because I can specify the expression syntax to be <expression>Application_Number= '[value]'</expression>

Does anyone know if it is possible to define a similar syntax in the HeaderControllerWidget.xml

Please Note: The reason I want to get this working with HeaderControllerWidget is because I have an external Planning application system that passes a URL to my FlexViewer to conduct the search ie.... websites/FlexViewer/index.html?search=00226 and at present it gives incorrect results.

Jon

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AnthonyGiles
Frequent Contributor

Correct you need to rebuild geolocators if your base data changes which is a bit of a pain.

Another option could be to use Roberts Esearch widget, this allows you to fire a search using a URL parameter:

ArcGIS Viewer for Flex

rscheitlin/eSearch · GitHub

View solution in original post

4 Replies
AnthonyGiles
Frequent Contributor

Jon,

Instead of searching your against your maps service you could create a geocode service for your data and geolocate against that instead. Changing the sensitivity settings <minscore> in the geocode service may narrow your search results.

Regards

Anthony

P.S. You may get more visibility of your question by the right people if you move your thread to the flex viewer space ArcGIS Viewer for Flex

JonHawkins
New Contributor II

Anthony

Thanks for the suggestion and that is a good idea. Can I just check though am I right in thinking that the GeoCode service is not dynamic. ie. As new Planning Applications are added they wont be seen by this service.

PS: I have moved the thread to ArcGIS Viewer for Flex (apologies I am a first time poster)

Jon

0 Kudos
AnthonyGiles
Frequent Contributor

Correct you need to rebuild geolocators if your base data changes which is a bit of a pain.

Another option could be to use Roberts Esearch widget, this allows you to fire a search using a URL parameter:

ArcGIS Viewer for Flex

rscheitlin/eSearch · GitHub

JonHawkins
New Contributor II

Anthony

Thanks. Just tested eSearch widget and that gives me the functionality I need.

Many thanks for your time.

Jon

0 Kudos