Headercontroller Logo size

01-10-2013 04:53 PM
RhettZufelt
MVP Frequent Contributor
Hi All,

Looks like there is enough difference in the headercontroller that my logo size is not being honored anymore.

How does one change the size of the logo.png image on the left of the headercontroller?

Thanks again,

R_
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Rhett,

In the HeaderControllerWidget.mxml just change this line:

<s:Group id="headerGroup"
             width="100%" height="85">
0 Kudos
RhettZufelt
MVP Frequent Contributor
Thanks Robert,

Though I had already tried that.  That will make the header itself taller/thiner, but my logo image is still huge and out of proportion.  Even played with the logoIcon size, but couldn't get it to maintain the proportions properly.  Seems that the old one would "fit" my image to the header, and this one doesn't.

Anyway, I found a different approach, and that was to resize my logo image as close to the original logo.png as possible, and now it "fits" in there.

R_
0 Kudos
GISDev1
Occasional Contributor III
Thanks Robert,

Though I had already tried that.  That will make the header itself taller/thiner, but my logo image is still huge and out of proportion.  Even played with the logoIcon size, but couldn't get it to maintain the proportions properly.  Seems that the old one would "fit" my image to the header, and this one doesn't.

Anyway, I found a different approach, and that was to resize my logo image as close to the original logo.png as possible, and now it "fits" in there.

R_

I think you did the right thing by resizing the logo to make it smaller. You could also optimize it for web use in Photoshop to reduce the image size as well, in case you didn't know about that option.
0 Kudos
MaisarahAbdulHalim
New Contributor III
Hi..

Where in the mxml do I change the line(s) to have my logo bigger in size? Default one is too small and also causes my logo to distort.

Thanks in advance!
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Maisarah A H,

The answer for you is the same as post number 2 above. You also want to use a photo editing program to make your logos width the same as its height (this prevents major distortion).
0 Kudos
MaisarahAbdulHalim
New Contributor III
Oh okay, thanks Robert! I adjusted the height as taught in post number 2, and then used a photo editor to resize my logo to fit nicely..

Thank u..
0 Kudos