Google Maps in Flex Viewer?

03-02-2012 03:46 AM
WillHughes1
Occasional Contributor II
Is there a way to bring Google Maps into the Flex Viewer?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
WillHughes1
Occasional Contributor II
So the answer appears to be NO?
0 Kudos
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor
Hi Will,

As the other referenced threads have indicated, using Google Maps in the ArcGIS Viewer for Flex is a violation of Google's terms of service. Therefore, while technically it is possible, legally the answer is "no".

Hope this helps,
0 Kudos
El_BoukfaouiReda
New Contributor II
Hi Derek Law,

[INDENT]As a member of the ArcGIS Server product management,
Could you please specify what are the legal constraints that prohibit using Google Maps on Flex ?
and what are the violation of Google's terms of service we are talking about?[/INDENT]

Regards.
0 Kudos
DerekLaw
Hi Reda,

... Could you please specify what are the legal constraints that prohibit using Google Maps on Flex? and what are the violation of Google's terms of service we are talking about?

FYI, you can read and learn about the

Legal Notices for Google Maps/Google Earth and Google Maps/Google Earth APIs and Google Maps/Earth Additional Terms of Service online.

Hope this helps,
0 Kudos
El_BoukfaouiReda
New Contributor II
I have read all the conditions and I was just wondering what are the violation of Google's terms of service we are talking about on Esri's Flex Viewer ?
0 Kudos
DerekLaw
Hi Reda,

I have read all the conditions and I was just wondering what are the violation of Google's terms of service we are talking about on Esri's Flex Viewer?

There's a great discussion on the topic in this blog post. Even though the post refers to the ArcGIS API for Silverlight, the same general guidelines apply.

Hope this helps,
0 Kudos