Google Analytics and FlexViewer 2.1

11-23-2010 09:49 AM
MicheleDunham
New Contributor
Does anyone have experience with integrating Google Analytics into FlexViewer 2.1?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
14 Replies
JoshCalhoun1
New Contributor II
I am having trouble using it. When I first tried to set it up, I received an error (See the attachment) saying that the URL was not correct.  Below is the URL to my mapping application.

http://74.116.50.125/agcmap/index.html

thanks,
0 Kudos
DavidWheelock
Occasional Contributor III
I will definitely be implementing the Google Analytics Flex Code Snippets in the near future.

I've been using the code in the HTML wrapper for some time and have been very frustrated that much/most of the apparent traffic on my site is not caught by Google Analytics!  I know this because the Reverse Proxy log shows many long visits that don't even appear in the Google Analytics logs or which show up as a visit of 00:00:01, when the RP logs show them on the site for 5-10 minutes.

At this point I'm just trying to find out how much time people are spending on the site.

QUESTIONS:
Is there a "best place" to put the Flex code snippet to catch most of the action or do I need to put it in all of the widgets, too? 
Can I just put it in the Config.xml to get most things?
I'm still at Flex View 1.3.  Is that a problem?

Thanks,
David
0 Kudos
ValerieHanson
New Contributor III
I loaded the compiled version in our Flex 2.5 version ... and when i open the viewer the hour glass runs endlessly.  Any suggestions?  Thanks much.
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
I loaded the compiled version in our Flex 2.5 version ... and when i open the viewer the hour glass runs endlessly.  Any suggestions?  Thanks much.

I'm in the same boat ... I've tried loading the compiled widget in both the 2.3 an 3.0 versions. Same thing, the hour glass runs endlessly.  Additionally the mapswitcher widget, the navigation widget, and all the widget buttons at the top at the top fail to load.  

The issue seems to be related to the compiled version ... but I have no clue how to remedy this.
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Bumping this because I still cannot get this to cooperate.

Even tried it on Flex Viewer 2.5 for good measure ... and the same results, the top banner hangs and the clock just spins.  I have noted that the "hanging" seems to occur whenever I add the following
<widget config="widgets/GoogleAnalytics/GoogleAnalyticsWidget.xml" url="widgets/GoogleAnalytics/GoogleAnalyticsWidget.swf"/>

under the <!-- UI elements --> section of the config.xml file.
0 Kudos