GCOD in 3.3 while Editing

11-25-2013 11:24 AM
GerardoGarcia
New Contributor III
So, I've come across the GCOD error like many have mentioned before (especially before 3.3 version). However, we are using version 3.3. I've tried to implement the fixes like "selectionColor" and "infoWindowHighlightColor" but to no avail.

When we open the "Edit" widget and select a feature or create a feature, and thus it is selected, we attempt to zoom further into the feature. And, like many have reported, once the extent is exceeded, the infamous GCOD appears. I have noticed that if I refrain from using the scroll wheel and use the "+/-" zoom buttons instead, all seems to be fine. As well, IE in 64bit mode doesn't seem to have this problem.

Does anyone have any insight as to how I can fix in flex viewer/api 3.3? Thanks.

Jerry
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
GerardoGarcia
New Contributor III
Quick update:

I managed to modify the "EditWidget.mxml" to remove selection color. What happens is the default yellow color disappears, but the black outline remains. Don't know if this is something I will have to change as well, but any help is greatly appreciated.
0 Kudos
BjornSvensson
Esri Regular Contributor
This was fixed in version 3.5 of the ArcGIS API for Flex that was released in September.
0 Kudos
GerardoGarcia
New Contributor III
Thanks for the feedback Mr. Bjorn.

Do you know if there is anyway I can address this in 3.3? We haven't made the jump yet to 3.5 and probably won't do so for another 6 months. We're kind of limited due to client agreements.

Thanks again.

Jerry
0 Kudos