Flex Viewer 3 pop-up hyperlinks not working

07-11-2012 10:23 AM
KellyPhipps
New Contributor III
I've configured a popup with a hyperlink in the Flex Viewer 3.0 app, but the hyperlink does not work.  The URL that is referenced in the href is getting appended to the url of the of the mapping application.  For example, if my popup has a hyperlink to "www.yahoo.com", clicking the hyperlink will try to open http://myserver/myFlexViewerApp/www.yahoo.com

Hyperlinks in pop-ups worked fine in previous versions of the viewer.  Why are they acting differently with the 3.0 viewer?

Below is an the config for a sample popup (as defined with the application builder) that works fine in viewer 2.3, 2.5, but does not work in 3.0.  Any ideas would be much appreciated.

<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<configuration>
<title>{TITLE}</title>
<description>
<![CDATA[
{NAME}
{ADDRESS}
<a href="www.yahoo.com">Example URL Link</a>
]]>
</description>
</configuration>
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
22 Replies
LuciHawkins
Occasional Contributor III

Hey Jarolsaw,

Yes, I have the hyperlink working so that the virtual folder opens in Internet Explorer.  The department that is using this one particular popup wants the folder to open in Windows Explorer so they can use windows file management features such as copy, paste, etc.   We can open the folder in Windows Explorer in our html/javascript application popup.

Thanks,

Luci

0 Kudos
JaroslawWalasztyn
New Contributor

Luci,

Also WebDav could be a solution. But i didn’t check it.

Jaroslaw

0 Kudos
deleted-user-rmQdIupSdOqe
New Contributor III

Adam,

I have this exact problem.  I am not confident my IT will setup a vd in IIS for me to a folder on a shared file drive.  Any solution other then that?

0 Kudos