Flex Viewer 3.6 apps failing to load/display in browser

04-09-2014 03:43 PM
AmberWittner
New Contributor III
Hello,

I recently updated to ArcGIS Viewer for Flex version 3.6 from 3.0. My applications were view-able in the browser (chrome) through local host until I updated the builder. The operational layers load in the builder and I can see the application data load from server in the builder preview window.

I have double checked that the inetpub/wwwroot folders have the correct permissions set. All of my URLs are the same, used in the applications built on 3.0. I had no custom widgets installed.

Literally, everything was working in 3.0. I backed up all files and installed 3.6 and now the local URL loads a  blank/white page.

Any idea as to what I am missing web server technology wise? I had a web GIS class over two years ago, much has fleeted my brain. Any tips to try to get things back up - are greatly appreciated.

Much of the forum info i have scoured has been no help. Bjorn Svensen can you help?!:D

I am running ArcGIS Viewer for Flex 3.6 with Services from ArcServer 10.1. I have made sure my adobe air and flash files are up to date. (v13.0 of air and flash) I have IIS installed as well, and I am running on a university managed server machine with full permissions.

Thanks - Amber
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
11 Replies
AmberWittner
New Contributor III
Amber,

Without getting your campus IT to add that firewall exception you will not be able to viewer your viewer website beyond that local machine.

Understood. We are not launching our campus apps here at the Stanford Geospatial Center, beyond local, until we have approval.
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Amber,

It actually is not a tough as it sounds. All app builder is doing is just writing some XML configuration files and placing the ArcGIS Viewer compiled code into a folder for you. So you can open the old (upgraded / nonfunctional) site folder and look at the XML files to get all the configuration details and just repeat those in your new site. Take for example the main configuration file (config.xml) all you do is open that file in a text editor of your choice (Notepad or NotePad++) and see the line that have been configured like title, logo, etc. Now that you know those values (some of which you can just copy and paste into your new app) you should be good to go. The default location of those files are normally C:\inetpub\wwwroot\flexviewers\YOUR APPS NAME\. Hope this helps.
0 Kudos