eSearch tool unresponsive in several versions, anyone have a solution? It works in the preview, but not from a browser for the end user.

02-26-2015 07:51 AM
Scott_Russell
New Contributor III

Currently using 3.6.9 eSearch tool with the 3.6 application builder, ArcGIS Viewer for Flex.   It works fine with the 3.7 appbuilder, but our Identify tool doesn't work in the new 3.7 version, the navigational tools trump any functionality from the identify tool.  So we had to revert versions and try to find a combination of things that work.

Anyway, we have almost everything working except the eSearch tool.  It works in the preview of the application, and also from the users machine who built the initial web service... but no other machines.  Does anyone know why this is?

Thanks,

Scott

0 Kudos
5 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Scott,

Do you get any error?

0 Kudos
Scott_Russell
New Contributor III

There is no error, no.  We are pondering whether or not us installing Portal for for ArcGIS is mucking anything up.  Our other idea is that the Widget is not stored on the same server that the AppBuilder is located on, we imported it from a network folder.  Now we'll try storing it locally and see if it works.  The identify tool is stored locally and its functional. Its all we've come up with so far.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

The eSearch widget being on a different server is like the issue. Flex Viewer may be having difficultly resolving the path to the swf or xml file

0 Kudos
Scott_Russell
New Contributor III

This didn't seem to help.

Is there any timeline on the Identify widget version for Application Builder 3.7 being fixed?  Because I can make the newest eSearch work on the newest application builder, so this could be avoidable.  But the newest identify tool doesn't work on the newest app builder.  The problem is that the navigational features are override the functionality of the identify widget.  I've seen others post about this also.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Scott,

I just tested a clean install of the 3.7 Identify Widget in App Builder 3.7 and I am not seeing an issue. I also do not recall threads where other were having the issue you mention. Can you elaborate more and provide your IdentifyWidget.xml?

0 Kudos