Select to view content in your preferred language

Enhanced-Search-Widget-for-FlexViewer Part III

04-30-2013 03:58 PM
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
All,

Here is a new thread to post questions and discuss the Enhanched Search Widget. The old thread was getting too long.
Tags (2)
776 Replies
MegPeterson
Regular Contributor

I had a similar experience. Robert you sleuthed through this with me a while back but ultimately believed it was an issue with my data. I still get a record return of 1000, but removed the data from the site in the end.

Here's the thread if it helps in this instance:

eSearch (3.6.8) joined table on FClass always returns max # records

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Meg,

Thanks I thought this sounded familiar but when you help as many people on the forums as I have over the years I tend to forget a lot of the specifics.

sziniker_CLPUD
Emerging Contributor

Robert,

I have been going through several test to isolate the problem and as Meg from a previous post mentioned I believed it to be an issue with my joined table. I can remove the join and the geographic search works just fine as soon as I add it on it gives me the 1000 records error. I have been testing this in an MXD with only the feature class and joined table. I have tired “washing” the table by recreating it and loading the data back into it, but that does help. I have truncated my table down to one joined record and it still throws the error. I then created a very basic table from scratch and joined that to my feature class and still it selects 1000 records. So the geographic search seems to not like a feature class with a joined table.

My map service is not publicly available but I will see about putting together a light fgdb for you to look at.

Thanks for your help and quick response,

Sean

0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

What version of ArcGIS Server are you publishing your mapservice in?

0 Kudos
sziniker_CLPUD
Emerging Contributor

Michael - I am using version 10.1

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Michael,

Any service packs installed?

0 Kudos
sziniker_CLPUD
Emerging Contributor

Service pack 1

0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Does anyone know if the issue that Sean is encountering occurs in an ArcGIS Server (AGS) v10.2.0 or higher mapservice?  I thought there was an ESRI bug related to joins only showing 1,000 records at v10.1.  Maybe this issue is related to that bug which was resolved at AGS v10.2.

0 Kudos
sziniker_CLPUD
Emerging Contributor

Michael,

I think you may have nailed it with the bug in ArcGIS Server 10.1. I have a server running 10.2.2 and I published my service on that server and the geographic search works perfect. I didn’t change anything in my data or mxd but copied it to the 10.2 server re-established the connections, updated the urls in my flex viewer config and esearch files and publishes it.

Thanks for your help!

And thanks Robert for your help as well and your great widgets.

~Sean

0 Kudos
MATTHEWPORTER
Deactivated User

Server10.1_.jpg

Is this differant than setting the Number of Records Returned by the server? It comes with 1000 out of the box.

Matt

0 Kudos