Select to view content in your preferred language

Enhanced-Search-Widget-for-FlexViewer Part III

04-30-2013 03:58 PM
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
All,

Here is a new thread to post questions and discuss the Enhanched Search Widget. The old thread was getting too long.
Tags (2)
776 Replies
GeorgePapamihalakis
New Contributor III

Hi Robert,

Is there a way to search for something and then have it apply a buffer to the selected feature?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

George,

No there is not an automatic way to apply a buffer after a search.

0 Kudos
GeorgePapamihalakis
New Contributor III

Hi Robert,

Just looking for something that would use the search that's already there, then apply the buffer to the searched feature/polygon.

Right now we are using your eSearch/Graphical search tool to draw a polygon over one of our parcels, then applying a buffer to that to get a list of the parcels within the buffer. We then export that list. We get it pretty close most of the time, but just wanted to minimize any errors.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

George,

In the eSearch you can do a normal text search or a graphical search and then use the spatial search tab to use the currently selected parcel and buffer it to search the parcels again.

0 Kudos
GeorgePapamihalakis
New Contributor III

Hmm, I seem to be missing my spatial search tab. I guess I deleted it, I am going to try adding it back,

0 Kudos
PeterHoffman
Occasional Contributor

Is it possible to do something similar to selection builder in this version of esearch?

Selection Widget Updated Version

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Peter,

This widget is very different from the Selection widget that Mark created. What specific feature(s) are you trying to compare?

0 Kudos
PeterHoffman
Occasional Contributor

The query builder part where you can build your own query by selecting the fields, Boolean operators, etc.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Peter,

No my widget assumes that a GIS person has pre-configured the widget with the appropriate SQL syntax ahead of time in the widgets config.xml and that the end user is not a gis analyst with knowledge of how to construct a proper SQL statement.

PeterHoffman
Occasional Contributor

We have a legacy 9.3.1 ArcIMS app that allows the user to construct a sql query as I have described. Now we want to write a flex app using ArcGIS server with a query builder component. This is an internal app that the users have been using for 10+ years.

0 Kudos