Enhanced-Search-Widget-for-FlexViewer Part II

04-19-2012 08:03 AM
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
All,

I am pleased to announce the next release of my eSearch Widget.

http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=5d4995ccdb99429185dfd8d8fb2a513e

Version 2.5.1.7 - 4/19/2012
* Added ability to search (flat/standalone/no geometry) tables.
* This time all Zooming uses the same scaling (popup, datagrid, widget results, zoom to all).
* Added Relates icon/button to datagrids so that you can click on it in the datagrid to
  open relates choice dialog.
* Move all skins to a skins package for cleaner organization.
* Links that are not associated with a field now work.
* Ability to disable the relates tab in the fixed widget is now configurable.
552 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Corey,

OK, in the next to last 3.0.x version of the widget I had an issue with the search results having a black glow, that was fixed in a 3.0.17f. In 3.1.x this was never an issue. The symbol displayed in each of the results has a dropshadow of black like all esri widgets do. The black glow that you liked on the features in the map (version 3.0.17) MOST people hated, as it did not allow for light colors like a white outline to actually be white on the map. As far as the printing... Can you post a image or pdf that shows this?
0 Kudos
CoreySmolik1
New Contributor II
Laughing.  That bit really seemed to go over well, but I am certain I can adjust the symbology to the users' satisfaction.

I did a side by side comparison image showing what I'm getting.  I had forgotten that the version 3 didn't draw the fill.
0 Kudos
CoreySmolik1
New Contributor II
helps if I remember to hit upload on the image attachment
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Corey,

Ya, the print still sucks. They did get the fill to work but still didn't get the transparency thing and the selection color is the default color in the print even though I set the selection color to NaN (not a number) in the widget... Sorry all those issue are esris not my widget.
0 Kudos
CoreySmolik1
New Contributor II
Thanks Robert, and no worries, I thought that might be the case.  I appreciate your help on this and other topics.
0 Kudos
MicahVan_Maanen
New Contributor II
Micah,

There has been LOTS of changes since then.

I noticed!  😉

Thanks for the help on the link, that did exactly what I was looking for.
0 Kudos
MicahVan_Maanen
New Contributor II
Is it possible to move the link icon to the middle right instead of having it at the end of each search result?  Like this:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]22696[/ATTACH]

The screen shot is from version 2.5 of this widget.
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Micah,

It was moved to the bottom because you can now have multiple links not just one and organizing them horizontally was easier for me. You really want them that way then that is why the source code is provided for developers to customize to their likes and needs.
0 Kudos
MicahVan_Maanen
New Contributor II
Micah,

It was moved to the bottom because you can now have multiple links not just one and organizing them horizontally was easier for me. You really want them that way then that is why the source code is provided for developers to customize to their likes and needs.

Sounds good, thank you.  Before I looked at the source code I wanted to verify that I wasn't missing something in the documentation.
0 Kudos
JamesKo
New Contributor III
Robert,

I've downloaded the latest eSearch 3.1.12 widget and noticed a new revision to the hyperlinkaliastext attribute. This is a cool feature but I'm having trouble getting it to work. I'm trying to display the value for a field but also use it as an hyperlink, for example:

<field name="JOB_NO" alias="Job No" linkprefix="http://server/blah/" linksuffix=".pdf" hyperlinkgridfield="true" hyperlinkaliastext="{JOB_NO}"/>

I tried typing in a different field for the hyperlinkaliastext as a test and it worked so I'm assuming that it doesn't work if the same field is used for both the hyperlinkaliastext and field name. Is this correct?

Thanks again for all the work you've done...
0 Kudos