Enhanced-Search-Widget-for-FlexViewer Part II

04-19-2012 08:03 AM
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
All,

I am pleased to announce the next release of my eSearch Widget.

http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=5d4995ccdb99429185dfd8d8fb2a513e

Version 2.5.1.7 - 4/19/2012
* Added ability to search (flat/standalone/no geometry) tables.
* This time all Zooming uses the same scaling (popup, datagrid, widget results, zoom to all).
* Added Relates icon/button to datagrids so that you can click on it in the datagrid to
  open relates choice dialog.
* Move all skins to a skins package for cleaner organization.
* Links that are not associated with a field now work.
* Ability to disable the relates tab in the fixed widget is now configurable.
552 Replies
PeterHoffman
Occasional Contributor
Robert,
I have installed version 3.0.6 and the date is now formatted correctly in the popup but the fixed datagrid still shows the long format with the time.

Peter
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Peter,

I do not see that at all... Version 3.0.5 did not have that issue and neither does 3.0.6 which you can test and see on my live preview site. If you do a traffic camera search on the live preview site it formats fine using dateformat="MM/DD/YYYY"
0 Kudos
PeterHoffman
Occasional Contributor
Robert,

I have attached a png file of the results - conveyed date and acquired date fields.

Peter
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Peter,

Are you sure you replaced your SearchWidgetFixedDG.swf if you are using the compiled version? If you are using the uncompiled version do you have the SearchWidgetFixedDG.mxml in your projects modules list?
0 Kudos
PeterHoffman
Occasional Contributor
Robert,

Yes, I was using an old version of the SearchWidgetFixedDG.swf.

Thanks for your help.
The esearch widget is great and I use it extensively.

Peter
0 Kudos
EdinZametica
New Contributor
I use version 3.0.6 with uncompile SearchWidgetFixedDG component, and I have a problem with auto open datagrid.
Data grid is always closed except when you move the mouse, then it opens ... I ask for help because the earlier versions were working ...

My config:
<widget left="0" right="0" bottom="0" url="widgets/eSearch/SearchWidgetFixedDG.swf" config="widgets/eSearch/SearchWidgetFixedDG.xml"/>

<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<!-- See Enhanced Search Widget Fixed Datagrid Setup.pdf for detailed explanation -->
<configuration>
 <autohide>true</autohide>
</configuration>

eSearchWidget.xml
<links></links>
   <zoomscale>25000</zoomscale>
   <autoopendatagrid>true</autoopendatagrid>

Thanks Robert,
Edin Z.
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Edin,

The way that it is functioning in 3.0.6 is the way that the autohide datagrid was always intended to work. In previous versions clicking on a popup and some other odd events where causing the datagrid to appear and that behavior was fixed.
0 Kudos
EdinZametica
New Contributor
Edin,

The way that it is functioning in 3.0.6 is the way that the autohide datagrid was always intended to work. In previous versions clicking on a popup and some other odd events where causing the datagrid to appear and that behavior was fixed.

Robert,

Just that I thought. When you make a search, the table does NOT go into the popup, when clicking on the relationship, rather it is automatically appeared table, and not now.

I preferred the previous version with automatic appearance of tables, but OK if it is not provided then nothing ...

Great thanks...

Edin Z.
0 Kudos
Gabriel_J_Ortiz_Rico
New Contributor II
Robert, you can't imagine the HUGE apportation you have done to the ArcGIS Server users community. Thank you for your dedication and for all your expertise. Thank you!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Your work is great!!!

I would like to comment you one small bug and also ask you three questions:

Possible bug: There is a customizable parameter that the widget is not interpreting properly (at least in 3.0.5 and I think in 3.0.6 is not corrected...) In spite of setting the nobufferoutlinecolor to: <nobufferoutlinecolor>Sin Color</nobufferoutlinecolor>, the widget shows the default label (No outline color).

And the questions:

1/. Is possible to limit the width of the text input box in an expression? I mean... the input text box in an search expression spans from one end of the widget window to the other, and I would like to put two search conditions IN ONE LINE, in order to have all 4 search conditions at view in the widget, so that the user does not have to scroll down. If this is not possible, would it be possible to control the height and width of the widget window? (maybe this is documented, but I didn't find out how).

2/. If I have 4 search criteria within one search expression, is it possible to leave blank one of the search criteria and execute anyway the search as if it was populated? It would be like using a wildcard (% ? *). In my application the user has to execute a query using 4 criteria what should be transformed in a WHERE parameter1='a' AND parameter2='b' AND parameter3='c' AND parameter4='d'. What I want to do is to execute this query even if there is no value in the parameter3 or parameter4 (that is, selecting any value in parameter3 and in parameter4).

3/. The third question is about security. I suppose that all the SQL sequences commited through the widget use the REST or SOAP exposed services which, I suppose, are cleaning and sanitizing every SQL sentence before executing it in the backend. I know that this matter is related more with the whole ArcGIS Server environment rather than with the widget, but if you or others could talk a little bit about this subject it would be great.

Thanks again for sharing with the community.
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Edin,

So your enhancement request is that the fixed data grid would show itself when a search is exectuted and remain visible until the user mouses over and then out?
0 Kudos