Enhanced Search Widget for FlexViewer 2.1

10-25-2010 02:13 PM
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
All Here is my next widget in the FlexViewer 2.1 series

Special thanks to Erwan Caradec for contributing to this code.

The Enhanced Search Widget extends the standard search widget with a floating data grid and a new spatial query w/buffering.

http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=5d4995ccdb99429185dfd8d8fb2a513e
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
767 Replies
MarkSmith1
Occasional Contributor
Hi Robert,

Does your search widget (2.5.1.2) support Many-to-Many relationships when looking for related records? We're having problems getting it to work and we're wondering if it's on end or if it's a limitation of the API.

Thanks,

Mark
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Mark,

I don't believe that many to many is supported by the API or Rest. I'm not 100% on that though.
0 Kudos
MarkSmith1
Occasional Contributor
Mark,

I don't believe that many to many is supported by the API or Rest. I'm not 100% on that though.

We've been able to confirm that the REST API supports M-M relates so we're beginning to suspect it has something to do with the way that our map service is set up. We're going to test your widget tomorrow against the simplified service we set up to test the REST API. I'll post the results.
0 Kudos
CristinHolmgren
New Contributor
Hi Robert,

I had this awesome widget up and running until yesterday when I installed SP3.  I'm running everything on one box in a text environment.  Yesterday the relates were working perfectly, but now when I click on the show related records icon - nothing happens.  Thought maybe you may some thoughts?  I'm fresh out ideas...

Thanks,
-Cristin
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Cristin,

Did you run the server post install? Have you chaecked the REST Services directory and made sure that the layers that use to have relates still do have them listed in the service directory?
0 Kudos
CaitlinBernier
New Contributor
Hi Robert,

I wondered if there is a way to make the enhanced search results and/or enhanced identify results copy and paste-able.  What I mean is my users would like to perform a search and then perhaps, copy the parcel number from the results screen and paste it into another application.  Thank you in advance for your response.

Caitlin Bernier
0 Kudos
GaryJohnson2
New Contributor
Hi, Is there a way to activate more than one linkfield like below:

<linkfield linkprefix="" linksuffix="">SiteLink</linkfield>
<linkfield linkprefix="" linksuffix="">PhotoLink</linkfield>

What happens is that only one linkfield is active.
Thanks
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Gary,

Sure just read the documentation.

Enhanced Search Widget XML Configuration.pdf
0 Kudos
GaryJohnson2
New Contributor
When I add a second link, I get this error message "Error # 1009.

Here is what I am entering:

<titlefield>Name</titlefield>

<linkfield linkprefix="" linksuffix="">SiteLink</linkfield>
   <icon isfield="true" iconprefix="" iconsuffix=""></icon>

<linkfield linkprefix="" linksuffix="">PhotoLink</linkfield>
   <icon isfield="true" iconprefix="" iconsuffix=""></icon>
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Gary,

The latest version does not not even use linkfield... Are you using an older version? If so than you might be trying to use a version that does not support multiple links. Once you get the latest version than just read the Enhanced Search Widget XML Configuration.pdf on how to use multiple links.
0 Kudos