Displaying date in popup shows as localtime.

05-16-2011 10:59 AM
RobertBinckes
New Contributor II
When I have control over date and time, I will store it in our SDE database as UTC.  Using the latest 2.3.1 library and viewer source code.  I can configure a popup to show the date and time.  This comes out as localtime which is cool.

However sometimes I do not have control over the date and time going into the database, and a date/time of 05/16/2011 00:00:00 comes out as 05/15/2011 18:00:00 in the popup.

I am only interested in having the correct Date (5/16/2011).

Is there a configurable way to disable localtime conversion in the viewer?

localtime="false"

Thanks,
Bob
Fort Collins
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
xandermavrides
New Contributor II
Any resolution to this? thanks.
0 Kudos
RobertBinckes
New Contributor II
No resolution on this so far.

-b
0 Kudos
StuartBlumberg
New Contributor II
Having same issue.  I tried creating new featrues, even shapefiles, in place of my data however the problem persists.  It seems to be a problem when displaying in infowindows.  Brutal.
0 Kudos
StuartBlumberg
New Contributor II
I just ended up converting my date to 'String' and that worked for my purposes.
Apparently what we're experiencing is a bug.  Check this thread http://forums.arcgis.com/threads/33054-Date-Showing-Incorrectly-in-Pop-Up-Window?p=112270#post112270

Stuart
0 Kudos
RobertBinckes
New Contributor II
Hi Stuart,

Thank you for the post.  If you have control over what goes into the database, you can set datetime to UTC and stuff that into the DB and it will come out as expected.  If you format the popup to show time, you will see the datatime will show previous day at your local offset from UTC (colorado is -6).  The problem is that when you create a new datetime object the time is set 0000 hour.

-b
0 Kudos