Select to view content in your preferred language

Changing Backgroung color for Pop ups

Jump to solution
10-01-2012 08:33 AM
SonaliVishwakarma
Emerging Contributor
Hi

I am using the ArcGIS Viewer for Flex 3.0 (downloaded the online available code). I am trying to figure out how to change the
highlight color of the small pop up window which appears when  I hover the mouse over various elements of the widget. I have attached the screen shot of the application on which I am working.
The small window appears with a light yellow background. I want to change that.  It should be a simple change but I cant seem to
find it anywhere.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide me.

Sonali
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Sonali,

Glad you got it working. Don't forget to click the Mark as answer check on this post and to click the top arrow (promote).
Follow the steps as shown in the below graphic:

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Sonali,

It looks like you are talking about the tooltip... Strange because the style for the tooltip is set by the UIManager.as when using the Flex Viewer App:

//Style Tooltip
        var cssStyleDeclarationTooltip:CSSStyleDeclaration = topLevelStyleManager.getStyleDeclaration("mx.controls.ToolTip");
        if (numberOfStyleColors > 4)
        {
            cssStyleDeclarationTooltip.setStyle("color", textColor);
            cssStyleDeclarationTooltip.setStyle("backgroundColor", backgroundColor);
        }
        cssStyleDeclarationTooltip.setStyle("fontSize", fontSize);
        cssStyleDeclarationTooltip.setStyle("fontFamily", fontName);
        topLevelStyleManager.setStyleDeclaration("mx.controls.ToolTip", cssStyleDeclarationTooltip, false);

Have you done some editing to the source code that overrode this?
0 Kudos
SonaliVishwakarma
Emerging Contributor
Robert,

Thanks a lot for guiding me correctly because I forgot that I actually tried messing up with the code in this file earlier.Now that I have corrected it,I have the application working as per me.

Thanks once again.

Sonali
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Sonali,

Glad you got it working. Don't forget to click the Mark as answer check on this post and to click the top arrow (promote).
Follow the steps as shown in the below graphic:

0 Kudos
SonaliVishwakarma
Emerging Contributor
Robert,

I don't know whether I can ask my query over here or not but I wanted to know how do we set an image for our web page? Should I specify image url in the index.mxml file?

Sonali
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Sonali,

When you say image for your web page... Do you mean the favorite icon in the address bar or what exactly?
0 Kudos