Attribute table for buffer results from ALL active layers

Jump to solution
02-15-2014 12:09 PM
LefterisKoumis
Occasional Contributor III
The Attribute widget displays the the fields of ALL layers that are visible and active.
I'm researching a way to use a modified version of this widget, so that when I buffer a polyline or a point, it will capture all the features from all active layers within that buffer and display them on the attirbute table. So, each tab would show the layer with the captured features.

I am aware of the eSearch widget; however you have to select only one layer to query. I???d like to buffer for multiple layers.

Suggestions?

Thank you!

The same question will be posted on the Flex API forum.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Lefteris,

OK, So all you need to do is once you have the results from your Identify or Query operation than you just need to make a new FeatureLayer or ArcGISDynamicMapServiceLayer for each of the resulting layers. The AttributeTableWidget automatically picks up any FeatureLayer and ArcGISDynamicMapServiceLayer that is added to the map But it will not do anything for a GraphicsLayer as most widgets normally produce.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Lefteris,

Getting the layer to display in the attributetable is probably the easiest part of your whole desired workflow. Are you planning on hardcoding the layers that will get buffered or just have them defined in a XML configuration file? There is not a widget out there right now that does your exact workflow as you probably know. The Point Buffer Widget might be a good starting point for your development if you are looking at allowing the user to dynamically draw on the map and have that buffered (of course it is only designed for points right now but its a good start). I guess a more detailed workflow would be needed before I can give more direction.
0 Kudos
LefterisKoumis
Thank you for your reply. The layer will be hard corded in. So far, I developed the script that a user can right click on any polyline or point and run the buffer tool based on a selected distance. I suppose the next step is to create a loop for all visible layers to run the indentifytask against the buffer polygon and capture the features in the buffer for each layer that lie therein( that I can do). Then, post the findings in the attribute table(that I am trying to figure it out). Ideally, I would also modify the attribute table to offer the option to print in pdf in a custom report layout listing all buffered features in each layer. But I take it a step by step.
I will look in the point buffer as you suggested. Thank you.

Lefteris,

Getting the layer to display in the attributetable is probably the easiest part of your whole desired workflow. Are you planning on hardcoding the layers that will get buffered or just have them defined in a XML configuration file? There is not a widget out there right now that does your exact workflow as you probably know. The Point Buffer Widget might be a good starting point for your development if you are looking at allowing the user to dynamically draw on the map and have that buffered (of course it is only designed for points right now but its a good start). I guess a more detailed workflow would be needed before I can give more direction.
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Lefteris,

OK, So all you need to do is once you have the results from your Identify or Query operation than you just need to make a new FeatureLayer or ArcGISDynamicMapServiceLayer for each of the resulting layers. The AttributeTableWidget automatically picks up any FeatureLayer and ArcGISDynamicMapServiceLayer that is added to the map But it will not do anything for a GraphicsLayer as most widgets normally produce.
0 Kudos
LefterisKoumis
Lefteris,

Thank you. Good tip!
0 Kudos