"More..." text disappearing from Layerlist button

Jump to solution
04-30-2013 12:51 PM
CameronBrown
New Contributor III
[ATTACH=CONFIG]23886[/ATTACH]Seeing this bug randomly on different machines.  Sometimes the text is there, and sometimes it is not.  Although it seems to happen most often on Internet Explorer.  I have not made any changes to the MapSwitcher widget.  Does anyone have any idea of why this is happening?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
15 Replies
JoshWhite
Regular Contributor III
All I ever get is a message that I don't have the right version of Flash installed and then when I click the link Adobe says my device isn't supported.   I appear to be on 2.3.5 if I'm looking at the right thing so maybe that is why.  I'm using a Samsung Mesmerize (it also is called a Galaxy S) so it is an older phone.  This probably depends largely on the version of the Flex API you are using.  I'm using 3.2 of the Viewer.
Josh White, AICP
Principal Planner

City of Arkansas City
0 Kudos
RhettZufelt
MVP Frequent Contributor
Actually, I'm finding that if I go to the url http://maps.sanbag.ca.gov/flexviewer/index.html then I will get the error.  Going to just /flexviewer everything loads normally.  I was only loading index.html at times so that I could add a config parameter to the url.   Perhaps something is wrong with my index.html file.  However, I'm finding that everything looks normal when I try maps.sanbag.ca.gov/flexviewer/default.htm instead of index.html.  Default.htm was higher up the list in the default document priority.

So I guess everything is fixed, although I have no idea what was wrong with the index.html file.

Have you looked at your web server settings in the default documents?
It sounds like it is defaulting to a different page when you enter the address without the index.html.  Check in your default documents settings for that app on the web server and make sure that the default document is the same one that gets updated when you build.  (might be loading index.htm (not .html) or default.htm, etc.)

In fact, I just tested it.  It appears that if you don't put the index.html on there, it is actually loading the http://maps.sanbag.ca.gov/flexviewer/default.htm file instead which doesn't strip the more text.

R_
0 Kudos
JoshWhite
Regular Contributor III
I actually never add the index.html to my urls and they always load just fine.  In my case, Index is higher than Default in IIS.  Of course, index.html is still always being referred to just as rzufelt said.
Josh White, AICP
Principal Planner

City of Arkansas City
0 Kudos
RhettZufelt
MVP Frequent Contributor
I'm not sure how/where to tell flashbuilder to build an index.html instead of a default.html, but none of my projects even have a default.html, just the index.html.

You may try deleting your project from the server and re-export a release build again and see if it writes a correct index.html file without the "issue", especially since that is higher in the default document lists.

R_
0 Kudos
CameronBrown
New Contributor III
I'm not sure how/where to tell flashbuilder to build an index.html instead of a default.html, but none of my projects even have a default.html, just the index.html.

You may try deleting your project from the server and re-export a release build again and see if it writes a correct index.html file without the "issue", especially since that is higher in the default document lists.

R_

I'm actually not compiling any code, just using the compiled version.  I did confirm that default.htm was higher in the priority list than index.htm or index.html, so that was what was loading when I went to just the ~/flexviewer url.   However, often I send people urls that reference an alternate configuration file.  To build that url I needed to have the whole url written out and then add the config query to the end of the url.  For instance, maps.sanbag.ca.gov/flexviewer/index.html?config=BikePlan.xml to load a version of the viewer that has some Bicycle map layers turned on by default.  I believe that I was using a index.html from a different compiled version...something that I maybe copied over by accident when migrating from 2.4 to 2.5.  Anyway, the issue has been resolved.  Thanks for the help, I'll go ahead and mark Robert's first reply as the answer.
0 Kudos
RhettZufelt
MVP Frequent Contributor
Looking now, I see the compiled version does have a default.htm as well as a index.html.

Not sure how they would be different unless you did use a differnt index.html as in my compiled version, the contents of these two files are exactly the same.

However, in order to help avoid the "confusion" in the future, maps.sanbag.ca.gov/flexviewer/?config=BikePlan.xml will work just fine for your alternate config files.  you don't need the index.html in there for it to load from a separate config.

R_
0 Kudos