<null> in Edit Widget combo box?

05-18-2012 12:56 PM
StephenLuzny
New Contributor
When editing feature class attributes using the FlexViewer Edit Widget, the combo box for a field with a coded domain does not display the <null> option. This differs from editing the attributes through ArcMap in that the <null> option will appear there.

How can I get the <null> option to appear in the Edit Widget's combo box?

I came across a post about the Edit Widget that may be useful:
"the component used for the domain dropdown lists is not the DropDownListField as you would expect, but is actually the undocumented CodedValueDomainField"
(com.esri.ags.components.supportClasses.CodedValueDomainField)
http://forums.arcgis.com/threads/21608-Default-Attribute-Inspector-Dropdownlists-too-narrow..-how-to...

I hope that I'm just missing something in the configuration of the widget, but have a feeling that some custom coding will be needed to get the <null> option to show.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Greetings -

I know this post is already a couple of years old but I'm just curious if you ever found a resolution.  We've implemented a few bogus "null" values, eg "Unassigned", that we add to to the domain to use as a null, but still am surprised I don't see this issue come up more often ...  Thanks for letting me know your experiences with this since you posted this issue.

0 Kudos
StephenLuzny
New Contributor

Hi Bob. I didn't resolve this issue. The combo box can start with a <null> value, but once an actual value has been selected, you can't go back to <null>. I expect to migrate our applications to Javascript very soon and hope that this issue will be addressed. In the meantime, it hasn't really been a problem, since those fields really should have non-null values anyway.

0 Kudos