Jump to solution
11-18-2014 07:30 PM
LiYao
by
New Contributor III

Dear all,

I have 3 widgets in a widget group:

66666666666666666666.jpg

But I only want the first 2 widgets displayed in the widget group. The "Attribute Search Results" widget supposed to be open only when a button in "Attribute Search" is clicked.

I guess it should be set in config.xml, but I don't know how to set it.

I am using Adobe Flash Builder 4.6 and ArcGIS API for flex 3.6.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
13 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Li Yao,

Anthony's suggestion of adding this as a UI widget an having it minimized it a startup would work assuming your widget is using BaseWidget in conjunction with WidgetTemplate, but UI widgets can not be opened or closed as standard widget, without modifications to the viewer core code as explained in this thread

The way I think you should be going about this is the same way I am handling this in my eSearch Widget since displaying a datagrid from your attribute search widget as a separate pane/TitleWindow is what you are trying to do.  My eSearch widgets datagrid extends a standard TitleWindow to make it sizable and shows the ResizeTitleWindow using the PopUpManager. Doing it this way avoids the need to use BaseWidget and WidgetTemplate for you datagrid that will only be shown by your attribute search widget.

0 Kudos
LiYao
by
New Contributor III

Hi Robert,

Thanks. I will look into it, unfortunately I am a beginner in Flex, need time to learn your eSearch.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Li Yao,

Don't get overwhelmed by all the eSearch widget code. Just focus on the SearchWidgetFloatDG.mxml and just the areas of the eSearchWidget.mxml that display the SearchWidgetFloatDG using the popup manager.

0 Kudos
LiYao
by
New Contributor III

Hi Robert,

Sorry forgot to mark the answer as correct. I followed your instruction and got the issue solved.

0 Kudos