In Real-Time analytics when are data sources refreshed

Jump to solution
11-17-2022 07:16 PM
BrynR
by
New Contributor III

I've setup a real-time analytic to perform geofencing of live asset locations.

The geofencing zones are defined in a feature layer (hosted in ArcGIS Server and referenced in ArcGIS Online).

I added the geofence zones into the real-time analytic by the choosing 'Sources'->'Feature Layer' option rather than making a 'Feed' to the feature layer.

I noticed when I add a new zone the assets aren't getting flagged when they pass into this new zone.

How often will the real-time analytic check/refresh the feature layer to load the geofencing zones?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PeterNasuti
Esri Contributor

@BrynR Thanks for reaching out with this question! The short answer is that in a real-time analytic, the sources are only loaded when the real-time analytic is started. To get the latest geofences, you could stop and restart the analytic. Our Velocity operations team stops and restarts real-time analytics at minimum 3x per year with official releases that go out.

If this is insufficient for your use case, the feature layer could instead be configured as a feed that polls for example every 30 minutes or once every hour or two to refresh the join features for your analysis.

We are also reviewing a path to implement a real-time analytic source "refresh" parameter to trigger a source refresh every x hours for this exact case.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
PeterNasuti
Esri Contributor

@BrynR Thanks for reaching out with this question! The short answer is that in a real-time analytic, the sources are only loaded when the real-time analytic is started. To get the latest geofences, you could stop and restart the analytic. Our Velocity operations team stops and restarts real-time analytics at minimum 3x per year with official releases that go out.

If this is insufficient for your use case, the feature layer could instead be configured as a feed that polls for example every 30 minutes or once every hour or two to refresh the join features for your analysis.

We are also reviewing a path to implement a real-time analytic source "refresh" parameter to trigger a source refresh every x hours for this exact case.

0 Kudos
BrynR
by
New Contributor III

Thanks @PeterNasuti - you put it more clearly than the documentation!

0 Kudos