Question about updating data and incorrect map information

05-25-2020 05:41 AM
PilleRossi
New Contributor III

Hello!

I would like to know how often do you update the data on the map? I mean roads and street labels?

Secondly when i see a big mistake in Road label layers, can you make changes. For example, in Estonia, City of Tartu there are almost in every basemap small street named Tartu. Actually in our city there can't be street with the same name like city. So it's uncorrect.

Please let me know the frequency of update'ing maps and is it possible to elliminate this wrong label.

Thank you,

Pille Rossi

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Andy-Green
Esri Contributor

Thanks for the comment. Our vector basemaps are updated on a 3-week release cycle. This means some part of the map is updated in that release. It depends on what data changes have been processed for that release. We get sources from commercial data providers, our Community Maps Program, as well as from open sources.

For giving us feedback on issues like you noted in your question, the best way is to highlight the area and add a comment of what needs to change in this Vector Feedback Service.  We have other Feedback maps for our services such as imagery and geocoding as well.

PilleRossi
New Contributor III

Thank you for your response. I will start to add issues on the map.

When i started to costumize my map i could see there where missing some roads which has been there already 2 years.  I can remark these places, but still it seems that there hasn't been recent update.

All the best,

Pille

0 Kudos
Andy-Green
Esri Contributor

Hi Pille, 

Can you also send me a direct message (email address is in my profile) with the area(s) that needs improvement?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
PilleRossi
New Contributor III

Hi! I'm sorry i can't send you privat message (error message: You can only send messages to your Friends / Connections (people following you). You must remove users marked with an exclamation point before your message can be sent.). Or i approached in wrong place. 

Yesterday i added 4 issues on the map which link you send me (https://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=28450cb78b324aaeaadb751e92d16ae0 )

Probably you gonna find them via my user account Pille.Rossi@tartulv.ee_Tartu or when you look the issues in City of Tartu, country Estonia. 

Some areas, where i marked that buildings are missing, they are there already 2 years!

If you need some futher information, please let me know!

Thank you!

Pille

Note: I planned to go next week LIVE with the application used Experience Builder and it will be perfect when basemap would be correct too 🙂

0 Kudos