Change Sprite Appearance in Vector Tile Style Editor

05-27-2021 05:27 AM
SarahHartholt
Occasional Contributor III

I would like to change some of the sprites in my vector tile basemap. I upload a png but get an error when trying to apply the changes (bottom left on the screen capture). Can someone let me know why this is happening and how to fix it? I downloaded the new sprite from one of the other vector basemaps so I can't figure out why it won't work.

SarahHartholt_0-1622118061227.png

On another note, sometimes when I click on a sprite to edit its colour half of the web page gets cut off and all I can see is the bottom portion of the page. So I have to click to go back to the previous page and then click on the sprite again. I have also been receiving errors when trying to apply new sprite colours. I've been trying to make the changes in a Microsoft Edge web browser. 

SarahHartholt_1-1622118332830.png

0 Kudos
7 Replies
PatrickArlt1
Esri Contributor

Hi Sarah,

I just did a quick test in Edge and I'm not seeing either of the issues I see in your screenshots. Could you give me some more information:

0 Kudos
SarahHartholt

Hi Patrick,

I'm using Edge Version 91.0.864.37

According to the support details page: Windows 10 (64-bit), Chrome 91.0.4472.77, Javascript & cookies are enabled and Macromedia Flash is not installed

I also tried in Chrome. when I click on a sprite the page goes white. Again, I can click the back button, edit icons and patters, drag and drop the new sprite and receive the same error message in the bottom left corner of the page.

0 Kudos
John-Foster
Esri Contributor

@SarahHartholt  maybe there is something strange about the .png you selected? can you try a different image? Can you share the image you are using and we can see if the issue is reproducible?

--jf
0 Kudos
SarahHartholt

Hi John,

I tried to drag and drop the following image which is from the ESRI World Streetmap basemap style (created a new vector basemap and used the download icon/pattern button to get the png)

0 Kudos
John-Foster
Esri Contributor

@SarahHartholt which basemap style did you start with?

--jf
0 Kudos
SarahHartholt

I started with the Open StreetMap style

0 Kudos
SarahHartholt

I started a new OpenStreetMap (Esri Street style) & have been able to change the sprite colours for all amenity points starting from the top and working my way down. I start to run into issues when I get to the landcover/scrub sprite if that helps

SarahHartholt_0-1622570415558.png

0 Kudos