Working with Utility Network in ArcGIS Pro Project for Editors

03-14-2023 01:05 PM
rlyding
New Contributor III

I have been configuring an ArcGIS Pro Project with the end goal of network editing. I was attempting to add the same Water Line layer twice within the same map each with a unique definition query and symbology applied. The issue I am running into is the Modify Terminal Connections Tool seems to only work on the Water Line layer highest in the drawing order regardless of it is toggled on or off. If the layer is listed second in drawing order I get an error "No valid line feature has been selected". The Modify Associations Tool doesn't seem to have an issue with this. Is this expected behavior of the Modify Terminal Connections Tool? One work around I found is to have a transparent Water Line layer at the top of the drawing order with no def query as the "selectable" layer and then have the other Water Line layers below. This leads to another question I had. Is it possible to have multiple UNs within the same editing map for example Sewer and Water? Based on a quick test I did the same issue occurs where if the Water layers are above Sewer the Modify Terminal Connections Tool only works for Water Lines not Sewer. Any feedback would be appreciated or if there is a fix in later versions of Pro thanks. 

TerminalConnect2.PNG

TerminalConnect3.PNG

Current Environment:

ArcPro 2.9.5

untools 2.9.4

UN Version 5

Regards

Ryan

0 Kudos
1 Reply
RadhakrishnanNeelakantan
New Contributor III

I have observed similar behaviour as well. I work in Electric Utilities, and for me , If I keep I keep the Electric Line at the Top of the Drawing order and If I keep the Electric Device as the second in the Drawing order, the Modify Terminal connection works. If this order is changed then get this error "No Valid line feature has been selected".

Error:

Error.PNG

No Error:

works.PNG

Environment:

ArcGIS Pro 2.9.7

untools 2.9.6

UN Version 5.

BR,

RK

0 Kudos