Widget Trace on Utility Network not draw starting point or barriers on on lines

03-27-2023 02:18 AM
FrancescoFanelli1
New Contributor

Hi everyone,

I currently have a telecom utility network service Built with ARCGIS PRO 2.9.5 - UNTOOLS 2.9.4) and published to ArcGIS Enterprise (10.91).

queta web map nel sample code che utilizza in trace:

https://developers.arcgis.com/javascript/latest/sample-code/sandbox/?sample=widgets-untrace

i have the following problem:

if I want to insert a starting point or a barrier on a linear element of the UN the widget does not insert any point

while if I do it on a punctual element the widget inserts it

I inserted the web map with the UN both on a javascript code with api 4.26 and on the experience builder web app but I still have this problem (the starting points and the berriene are not inserted on the linear elements of the UN service).

What can it depend on?

what could be the problem?

Thank you

0 Kudos
8 Replies
MikeMillerGIS
Esri Frequent Contributor

Can you post a screenshot of your webmap?  How are the lines listed in there?  Did you duplicate them or change them at all?

0 Kudos
FrancescoFanelli1
New Contributor

Hi Mike

these are the communication lines

these are the layers i have inside the web map

however I did several tests with different web maps where I eliminated all the layers with were not part of the UN , I also removed the UN feature classes from the group layer but I still have the same problem.

0 Kudos
AlixVezina
Esri Regular Contributor

Thanks for sharing this @FrancescoFanelli1 ! At first glance, we cannot identify the source of the issue. Would you be open to setting up a meeting with a screen share so we can take a closer look at your utility network service and the web map? You can reach out to me directly at avezina@esri.com. Thank you!

0 Kudos
MikeMillerGIS
Esri Frequent Contributor

@AlixVezina The map looks good to me, you have any thoughts?

0 Kudos
VanCityUtility
New Contributor II

@AlixVezina Hello there, we are having the same issue.  Was there a resolution to the above problem?

0 Kudos
AlixVezina
Esri Regular Contributor

@VanCityUtility It seems there may be two possibilities: either you are using Subtype Group Layers, which may not yet be supported in your version of the widget, or you may be using a custom basemap and changing to one of the Esri World basemaps may resolve the issue.

0 Kudos
JohanTerblans-Similix
New Contributor

Hi, @AlixVezina  we have the same issue and we are running ArcGIS Enterprise 11.1 with the latest patches.
The web map is published using Subtype Group Layers for the performance, but then the Trace Widget doesn't want to select a start point when built with Experience Builder.
Is there a version of the Trace Widget that does support Subtype Group Layers or how else would you suggest creating the web map to still be performant, but still work with the trace widget?

0 Kudos
AlixVezina
Esri Regular Contributor

Here's what I know and some options:

Subtype Group Layers (SGL) are supported in the Utility Network Trace widget as of 11.2 and in ArcGIS Online.

Subtype Group Layers are not yet fully supported as a data source in Experience Builder in any builds of Enterprise or in ArcGIS Online. This will be a challenge if you are planning to use those layers in other Experience Builder widgets.

With Enterprise 11.1, you could put together a very simple application using Calcite Design System, the latest ArcGIS Maps SDK for JavaScript and UtilityNetworkTrace, and your web map with SGL, and host it on your server. That app could be standalone or even embedded within your larger Experience Builder application.

Otherwise, you could consider using Group Layers in your web map instead of SGL.