Validate Network Topology Error

Jump to solution
11-17-2020 12:05 PM
LindseyStone
Occasional Contributor III

When validating my network topology on dirty areas it fails with a very generic error message.  I tried it through the GP tool and get

LindseyStone_0-1605643381752.png

and if I just try it the data tab across the top of Pro I get either one of these. 

LindseyStone_1-1605643439070.pngLindseyStone_2-1605643442641.png

I just created this Utility network and getting this from the begining.  I am getting this message in default and in child version.  I'm running Pro 2.6.3 and Server 10.8.1

0 Kudos
25 Replies
LindseyStone

Has this been a permanent solution or just a temporary one.  I have done this straight to my SDE and it does clear out the dirty areas, but as soon as I make a new one and try to validate again then I get error messages.  I believe it is bad practice to constantly disable and enable network topology so I really don't want to do that every time I make an edit.

0 Kudos
JasonVignochi
New Contributor III

I have just finished applying the patch and from my initial testing I am now able to create features and validate topology. I had first cleared the topology layer using the above workflow, however, since then with a fresh topology I have had no issue so far.

0 Kudos
VishApte
Esri Contributor

Thanks @JasonVignochi  for detailed steps.

I followed same steps and still get same error though not as consistently as before. First edit Validated correctly. After that it comes with inconsistent "Edit Operation Failed. ERROR" using Pro menu and "Error-999999 Contact Esri" using GP Tool.  

VishApte_0-1610324179261.png

One time, the validate process timed out and now getting "another session is validating" error.

Untitled.png

0 Kudos
JasonVignochi
New Contributor III

I may start a new thread for this since it has been marked solved, but is not actually solved. I will update my response after the patch is installed later today.

LindseyStone

Just for an update.  I exported my asset package and set up completely new SDE geodatabase, service and all and it working.  ESRI still can't tell me what went wrong in the process of the creation the first.  But it is now working.

Since others is also having issue I'm curious to know if their validating issues started happening immediately after creating the geodatabase and service or if was working and then eventually broke.

0 Kudos
JasonVignochi
New Contributor III

I have had topology issues since I have started the utility networks, however it wasn't until we moved to 10.8 that I found our topology was unable to work at all. Now that I have disabled and reenabled topology (which clears the current topo) I have still had issues with it, but not so much it can't be deleted entirely.

0 Kudos