Select to view content in your preferred language

Utillity Network service publishig ERROR 001487: Failed to update the published service .... ERROR 001369: Failed to create the service

01-04-2023 04:18 AM
ApatorRector
New Contributor II

Hi, I got an error when I trying to publish UN Service :

ERROR 001487: Failed to update the published service with the server-side data location.

and next one  ERROR 001369: Failed to create the service.

This is only when publishing UN featureclasses. When I add to the same database and the same owner new FC with brunch versioning it works and getting no errors.

Can someone help?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
EvelynHsu
New Contributor III

Do you find more detailed error messages in server log?

I had a similar error before with Trace Network (not UN) and it was because of verison mismatch between Pro and Enterprise. See link.

ApatorRector
New Contributor II

The environment I have is ArcGIS Pro 3.0.3, ArcGIS Enterprise 10.9.1 and Oracle 19c RDBMS, so i think It's similar to your.

In ArcGIS Server logs i found only that:

SEVERE Jan 4, 2023, 1:31:30 PM              

Error executing tool. PublishServiceDefinition Job ID: j172f63343fb44b66b4e920b7f34d57bf : ERROR 001487: Failed to update the published service with the server-side data location. Please see the server's log for more details. ERROR 001369: Failed to create the service. Failed to execute (Publish Service Definition).   System/PublishingTools.GPServer

SEVERE Jan 4, 2023, 1:31:29 PM              

Failed to create the service.: Updating the server connection string for layer Energetyka Utility Network failed. Attempted connection string was ENCRYPTED_PASSWORD=********************************************************;SERVER=UN;INSTANCE="DSID=***************************";DBCLIENT=oracle;DB_CONNECTION_PROPERTIES=UN;PROJECT_INSTANCE=sde;USER=geodb;AUTHENTICATION_MODE=DBMS;BRANCH=SDE.DEFAULT. Table name is GEODB.Energetyka. Please verify the data exists on the server.               System/PublishingTools.GPServer

CreateServiceWrapper failed.     System/PublishingTools.GPServer

DoAfterSDExtraction failed.        System/PublishingTools.GPServer

SwizzleService failed.     System/PublishingTools.GPServer

I think I will try your sugestion about ArcGIS Pro 2.9.

0 Kudos
ApatorRector
New Contributor II

Hi, it was a version compatibility issue as you suggested (so thanks EvelynHsu for your help).

The solution was to do everything again with the correct versions (in my case ArcGIS pro 2.9 and AGE 10.9.1)

Below two link to compatibility tables:

https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/help/data/geodatabases/overview/client-geodatabase-compatib...

https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/help/data/utility-network/utility-network-dataset-administr...

FredSpataro
Occasional Contributor III

Hi, 

Thanks for posting back the 'compatibility issue'  update.  It helped me resolve the same error message.  My issue was a tiny bit deeper, I'm including the details here incase it helps anyone else out:

• Publish enterprise geodatabase layers from Pro 3.1 to Portal/Server 10.9.1 failed with ERROR 001487... 
  • Installed a Pro 2.9 version per this thread, loaded the layers into a map... one of the layers failed to add to the map in this version of Pro with 'Attribute conversion error'... ah hah... 
  • Narrowed it down to a SQLServer 'date' type column in the layer which is a 'geodatabase registered view'.  Oddly the table with the column will load into the map fine and the view will load into map fine if it's NOT registered with the geodatabase, but once you register the view with the geodatabase ... no good. ....That's what I get for trying to follow the rules 🙂   
  • Apparently that column type is supported correctly at 3.x/11.x. 
  • Server 10.9x reported 'couldn't find the layer make sure it exists' but really meant 'can't load the layer b/c of the unsupported data type' 

I don't think it's emphasized enough that if you're a 'service publisher', it's an absolute must to maintain the matching version of Pro and Server and you should definitely turn off that auto upgrade popup.  We've been running into constant issues in our publishing workflows b/c someone followed thru on the 'Would you like to upgrade?'.  Even minor updates 3.1 -> 3.3 have caused issues...  

Again thanks for posting... this could have been an 'all day headache' if you hadn't ... 

0 Kudos