Utility Network Error : Multipart geometries & related

Jump to solution
04-20-2021 10:11 AM
BillBott
Occasional Contributor

Looking for documentation to explain this error, coming up empty so far:

MP.png

Somewhat related, is there a way to configure Structure Boundary similarly to Service Territory to allow "a single polygon, multiple polygons, a multipart polygon, or many multipart polygons?"

Appreciate any info or opinion. Thank you!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BillBott
Occasional Contributor

Hi Sirish, yes I discovered my error. I was attempting to merge two different asset types.

Since they were two different asset types they didn't snap together when initially edited, hence the "Multipart Geometry not supported" error when attempting to merge.

After seeing the error of my ways, I made them both the same asset type, then validated, saved and tried it again and it worked (?). Why was I getting a multipart geometry error when they were different asset types but not when they were the same? Something seemed off still. 

I attempted it again, but this time with fresh new lines. I snapped the two different asset types together by changing the asset type mid-edit such that it didn't change the snapping rules. When I went to merge, I got "Selection must be from the same layer" from the Merge tool. That's fair - except that they were both primaries and from the same layer...

After this I just hung it up - there is some weirdness going on, not sure where but ...past the error. 🙂  Maybe TMI, but in  the off chance you get some strangeness going on too...well, I do to.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
SirishByreddy
New Contributor III

@BillBott .....We are also facing the similar issue....Did you find any solution / workaround for this or any update from ESRI

0 Kudos
BillBott
Occasional Contributor

Hi Sirish, yes I discovered my error. I was attempting to merge two different asset types.

Since they were two different asset types they didn't snap together when initially edited, hence the "Multipart Geometry not supported" error when attempting to merge.

After seeing the error of my ways, I made them both the same asset type, then validated, saved and tried it again and it worked (?). Why was I getting a multipart geometry error when they were different asset types but not when they were the same? Something seemed off still. 

I attempted it again, but this time with fresh new lines. I snapped the two different asset types together by changing the asset type mid-edit such that it didn't change the snapping rules. When I went to merge, I got "Selection must be from the same layer" from the Merge tool. That's fair - except that they were both primaries and from the same layer...

After this I just hung it up - there is some weirdness going on, not sure where but ...past the error. 🙂  Maybe TMI, but in  the off chance you get some strangeness going on too...well, I do to.

0 Kudos