Utility Network Domains with "6" in the name - purpose?

Jump to solution
04-07-2021 10:54 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello! 

I have downloaded the Utility Network Foundation solution package and am wondering about the number 6 in some of the domain names. What is the purpose of this?

Here are some examples: 

Sewer_6_AssociationStatus

Sewer_6_FeatureSourceID

Sewer_6_IsConnected

Sewer_6_IsContentVisible

Sewer_6_IsDeleted

Any insight is greatly appreciated!! Thank you 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LorenMueller
Occasional Contributor

That is a system ID number for the UN and the associated db objects. Every time you create a new UN (Stage UN) in an enterprise GDB you will get a new ID number. It is for internal use by the esri tools that manage the UN.  I think it is also supposed to avoid name conflicts in the DB. If you have a large and mature EntGDB already and are adding the UN and all of its domains, you wouldn't want to get naming conflicts between the UN domains and any existing domains.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
LorenMueller
Occasional Contributor

That is a system ID number for the UN and the associated db objects. Every time you create a new UN (Stage UN) in an enterprise GDB you will get a new ID number. It is for internal use by the esri tools that manage the UN.  I think it is also supposed to avoid name conflicts in the DB. If you have a large and mature EntGDB already and are adding the UN and all of its domains, you wouldn't want to get naming conflicts between the UN domains and any existing domains.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable
LorenMueller
Occasional Contributor

Excellent reference! Thanks @Anonymous User 

0 Kudos