Utility Network analyst will not trace with flag set- why?

01-23-2020 10:24 AM
KatherineSchipke
New Contributor

I have been using the utility network analyst to trace path and to find disconnected NHD streams in a HUC4. Recently, all possible choices for tracing a network in the Utility Network Analyst toolbar are not working. I can set a flag but no actions result when I click on the solve tool. I am working in 10.7

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JonDeRose
Esri Contributor

Katherine - 

Cross-posting this to Geodatabase since this question is centered on the Utility Network Analyst toolbar in ArcMap with the geometric network and not the Utility Network.  

Do I understand that you are not seeing any results returned when running a trace in the geometric network?  Are you seeing the same behavior when you return the trace results as a graphic (or as a selection)?  Is this behavior seen when working with the same data in a new MXD?  What about when you attempt to trace other datasets?   I've seen behavior similar to that you reference linked with a specific MXD in the past.

Thanks,

Jon

0 Kudos
JeffreyWarren
New Contributor III

I'm experiencing the same issue, but only when the results are set to 'selection'.  It works when I have the results output to a drawing.  But I cannot figure out how to export those results to a separate layer/shapefile.

0 Kudos
PattiHaggerty
New Contributor III

I also cannot get a trace .to run, with either selection or display settings. I do not recall having this problem in the past

0 Kudos
JeffreyWarren
New Contributor III

I believe I figured it out.  Looks like when I installed 10.7 and then 10.8, the interactive selection method, by default, was set to 'select from current selection'.  I changed that to 'create new selection' and voila!  You can find that setting under your 'Selection' menu > 'Interactive Selection Method'.

Hope this helps

0 Kudos