Update Subnetworks completing successfully but subnetworks remain dirty

Jump to solution
04-19-2022 11:35 AM
JonathanDaweEsriUK
New Contributor II
Hi Utility Network Questions,

I am encountering odd behaviour with the "update subnetworks" task where, even though the process is running successfully, all of the subnetworks (in the subnetline and subnetwork table) are still showing isDirty: true. 

Set up:
  • I have deployed the ArcGIS Solution Sewer Data Management (V1) in an ArcGIS Enterprise 10.9.1 environment.
  • No changes have been made to default since publishing the Utility Network Service and there are no dirty areas in the network that require validation. 
  • I originally ran update subnetworks via the geoprocessing tool in ArcGIS Pro, and now have been running it via REST. In the server logs I am not seeing errors and notice that assets are correctly populated with their subnetwork names. 
I'm a bit confused at whether I am missing something that could be preventing the subnetworks for showing as no longer dirty? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PaulLeBlanc1
Esri Contributor

PaulLeBlanc1_0-1650398832667.png

I believe Manage IsDirty is False in the Sewer model, so that behavior is expected.

See https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/help/data/utility-network/set-or-modify-the-subnetwork-defi... step 10

View solution in original post

5 Replies
PaulLeBlanc1
Esri Contributor

PaulLeBlanc1_0-1650398832667.png

I believe Manage IsDirty is False in the Sewer model, so that behavior is expected.

See https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/help/data/utility-network/set-or-modify-the-subnetwork-defi... step 10

JonathanDaweEsriUK
New Contributor II

Hi Paul, thanks that makes sense, I don’t think I fully grasped the impact of that setting.

Out of interest, what is the use case for having Manage isDirty set to false like this? 

0 Kudos
John_Medema
Esri Contributor

Is this functionality available in Pro 2.9.x?

0 Kudos
John_Medema
Esri Contributor

Found it in the help archive!

0 Kudos
PaulLeBlanc1
Esri Contributor
  1. During data migration / cleanup there isn't typically a need to track subnetwork state. There is a cost associated with this, so disable it to speed up the process.
  2. Subnetworks are required to define direction (eg for upstream/downstream traces). If there isn't a need to export subnetworks, then similar to #1, there isn't a need to track state.