UN Change Asset Package Spatial Reference Topology Not Enabled

Jump to solution
05-15-2022 11:25 PM
contuber
New Contributor II

Hi all,

I changed the reference system using the Change Asset Package Spatial Reference tool.
This operation creates an empty Utility Network dataset.
Then I filled the Feature Classes with my own data with the Data Load tool (Including the Service Territory)
Then I ran the Add Spatial Index tool for each feature class.
Afterwards, when I run the Enable Topology tool, it did not give an error, but the topology is not enabled. No any record are created in the dirty ares layer.

Is there a missing step in the work steps?

Im using ArcGIS Pro 2.9.2 - File Geodatabase

Untools Version 2.9.2

SpatialRefereceChange.jpg

contuber_0-1652684087716.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MikeMillerGIS
Esri Frequent Contributor

The Utility Network in the output GDB is not usable.  The Change Asset Package Spatial Reference tool should fail when there is a controller dataset like the Utility Network in the input GDB.  We have a backlog item to handle these scenarios and exit early.  The tool is designed to change the spatial reference of the asset package, which you then apply to a GDB and it creates the UN.  

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RobertKrisher
Esri Regular Contributor

There's definitely something strange going on here, but what you've explained in your post doesn't completely make sense to me.  An asset package database doesn't have a utility network, so there's nothing to enable.  Here's the process typically used once you've installed all the tools and downloaded your Utility Network Foundation:

1. Change Asset Package Spatial Reference to get a new database (not just a new dataset) in the correct spatial reference
  2. Load data into the new asset package using the tools you are most comfortable with
  3. If you're outputting a file geodatabase for testing, use the Asset Package to Geodatabase tool to turn the asset package into a fully functional utility network
  4. Enable the topology on the new utility network file geodatabase

Is it possible you are looking at the properties on an older utility network or database?  If you create a new utility network database using the  Asset Package to Geodatabase tool does that resolve the issue?

0 Kudos
MikeMillerGIS
Esri Frequent Contributor

The Utility Network in the output GDB is not usable.  The Change Asset Package Spatial Reference tool should fail when there is a controller dataset like the Utility Network in the input GDB.  We have a backlog item to handle these scenarios and exit early.  The tool is designed to change the spatial reference of the asset package, which you then apply to a GDB and it creates the UN.  

0 Kudos
RobertKrisher
Esri Regular Contributor

Oh I see, the asset package tool should only be run on the asset package but if you run it on a utility network gdb you can get in this unusual state.  Thanks Mike!

0 Kudos