The domain on field 'AssetType', subtype 0 is not editable

Jump to solution
09-17-2019 04:49 PM
StephenDavis1
New Contributor II

When trying to apply an asset package into a utility network in Pro 2.4.1 with Oracle backend, I get the following error

The domain on field 'AssetType', subtype 0 is not editable

I do not know what this means and cannot find it anywhere online. I cannot seem to get past it. This is an asset package that I was able to load into a utility network in an older version of Pro.

I tried upgrading my asset package, and it still fails. Has anyone encountered this or know what the error message means? There is nothing special about the domain assigned to the AssetType field for subtype 0 in this table that I am aware of. The table the problem is happening on is network junction, for the unknown asset group. It is the unknown asset type domain.

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PaulLeBlanc1
Esri Contributor

You cannot modify the domain assigned to subtype 0. It must always be 0:Unknown

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
PaulLeBlanc1
Esri Contributor

You cannot modify the domain assigned to subtype 0. It must always be 0:Unknown

0 Kudos
mrasiukevicius
Esri Contributor

BTW: if you will include Unknown asset type in Utility Network rules, Export Asset Package fails to export asset package with error "ERROR 001956: Asset group Unknown is not allowed".

While GP "Add Rule" tool allows to create rules with Unknown assets.

0 Kudos
mrasiukevicius
Esri Contributor

Unknown asset type must be bound to Subtype code = 0, but not to Subtype definition. Otherwise in other languages all assets can be translated except Unknown.

0 Kudos
MelissaJarman
Esri Contributor

Stephen - Can you confirm if you made changes to the asset package? 

0 Kudos
StephenDavis1
New Contributor II

I'm not sure when it happened, but yes, the Asset Type domain for the Unknown Asset Group/Subtype got an additional item added to it. So, that was the problem, as pointed out in the answer I just marked correct. The error message that Pro presented suggests it is trying to edit something that it cannot (difference between can not and may not or should not), which was very confusing. I thought it was some write access error. Thanks!

PaulLeBlanc1
Esri Contributor

In the next few releases, we'd like these asset package errors to link out to some help pages, similar to core error messages with a deeper explanation and potential solutions.

I agree that some of the error messages are a bit cryptic.