Subnetwork name not refreshing on feature

Jump to solution
12-02-2022 08:40 AM
LindseyStone
Occasional Contributor III

I have an UN Electric Network set up with multiple Subnetworks and I'm running into an y issue where I have a a transformer and LV lines that it is connected to it not updating correctly after running the Update Subnetwork tool.

What I did is I had a transformer connected to Subnetwork A and then I deleted the MV line making that connection and created a new MV line that connects it to Subnetwork B.  Than I ran the Update Subnetwork tool.  In the field "subnetwork name" instead of seeing the Subnetwork B name listed for both the transformer and all connecting LV lines I now see Subnetwork A:Subnetwork B.

I have done this before and it usually just changes the subnetwork name to the new one and no longer lists the old name.  I have checked the Connected to, Contained within, and Connected to edge associations of the transformer and there is none.  The new MV Line only shows Subnetwork B.  If I move the old transformer where it is no longer connected to anything and create a new transformer and LV line at this location.  The OLD items retain Subnetwork A info instead of going Unknown and the New features only have Subnetwork B.  I really don't want to have to redraw the transformer and all LV Lines and Devices connected to the transformer if I don't have to.

Has anyone else run into this issue and have a fix?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RichardKoch
New Contributor III

This sounds like a possible rule issue. When you deleted the first MV line and did not run a validation and update subnetwork the old name was still there. Given the workflow as described the new line upon validation retained the old name and appended the new. Easy test would be to put it back to original and do the removal. validate and update. XFMR should go to UNKNOWN subnetwork name and lifecyclestatus of out of service. Install and connect the new line and validate/update and it should now be INSERVICE with the new subnetwork name. 

Your original workflow reads like it should mimic a basic load transfer but given that there are things deleted and new additions the system may be processing it different and causing the outcome you are getting. best to you and please let us know what you find out.

Take care and be safe

Richard Koch

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RichardKoch
New Contributor III

This sounds like a possible rule issue. When you deleted the first MV line and did not run a validation and update subnetwork the old name was still there. Given the workflow as described the new line upon validation retained the old name and appended the new. Easy test would be to put it back to original and do the removal. validate and update. XFMR should go to UNKNOWN subnetwork name and lifecyclestatus of out of service. Install and connect the new line and validate/update and it should now be INSERVICE with the new subnetwork name. 

Your original workflow reads like it should mimic a basic load transfer but given that there are things deleted and new additions the system may be processing it different and causing the outcome you are getting. best to you and please let us know what you find out.

Take care and be safe

Richard Koch

0 Kudos
LindseyStone
Occasional Contributor III

Thanks for the suggestions Richard.  I always validate before running the Subnetwork tool but something clearly got stuck.  So as suggested I put the line back to Subnetwork A, Validated, Ran Subnetwork tool, than disconnected line to Subnetwork A and reconnected the new line to Subnetwork B, Validate, and ran the update Subnetwork tool and this time it updated correctly.  Again not sure how it got stuck, but at least it is fixed without having to redraw everything.  Thanks for the help!

RichardKoch
New Contributor III

Glad it worked. We are finding little things like that. You think it would or should work but for some reason does not. As you note we are also finding things sometimes get "stuck" or a second pass of a tool seems to clear things up.

Happy mapping and see you around the boards. 🙂

0 Kudos