Register as Versioned the Utility Network feature dataset failed "Unique indexes can't be specified for multiversion tables"

08-13-2020 10:58 AM
SergueiSokolov
New Contributor III

I am trying to configure the Electric model v3.4 Utility Network with ArcGIS Enterprise 10.8.1 and ArcGIS Pro 2.6 (untools 2.6, untools-2.6.0-py36_1.tar.bz2), Oracle 19.3 as geodatabase

Applied the Electric 3.4 package, set the database connection (orcl.sde) Geodatabase Connection Properties as "Branch"

Tried to "Register as Versioned" the UN feature data. There was an error (see below). Note the resulting dialog was shown as "empty white". The log file shows the following error:  

..\ArcGIS\Packages\ElectricUtilityNetwork_a9fce4\orcl.sde\UN_ELECTRIC.Electric   Start Time: Thursday, August 13, 2020 9:17:23 AM ERROR 999999: Something unexpected caused the tool to fail. Contact Esri Technical Support (http://esriurl.com/support) to Report a Bug, and refer to the error help for potential solutions or workarounds. Unique indexes can't be specified for multiversion tables [Unique index GDB_CT1_48 found while enabling multibranch for UN_ELECTRIC.ELECTRICASSEMBLY] [UN_ELECTRIC.ElectricAssembly] Failed to execute (RegisterAsVersioned). 

I have checked indexes in Oracle. Below screenshot shows the list of indexes for ELECTRICASSEMBLY table. Note that GDB_CT1_48 index references OBJECTID, GDB_FROM_DATE, GDB_BRANCH_ID columns. I suspect OBJECTID may be causing the issue. Note that ELECTRICDEVICE table also has a unique index set for OBJECTID.

Please advise

0 Kudos
3 Replies
PaulLeBlanc1
Esri Contributor

Have you previously registered this dataset as versioned and it failed partway through?

Unregistering as versioned from the GP tool should clean up and you can try registering again.

0 Kudos
SergueiSokolov
New Contributor III

The "Register as Versioned"  function failed the first time I tried it to run on  UN Electric, right after I applied the COTS Asset Package (Electric v3.4). As you suggested, I run UnregisterAsVersioned_management (see the log below). Then run "Register as Versioned" again to create BRANCH versions for the UN feature set. It failed with the exact same message: Unique indexes can't be specified for multiversion tables [Unique index GDB_CT1_48 found while enabling multibranch for UN_ELECTRIC.ELECTRICASSEMBLY] [UN_ELECTRIC.ElectricAssembly] Failed to execute (RegisterAsVersioned).

below is the Log from UnregisterAsVersioned:

..\ElectricUtilityNetwork_a9fce4\orcl.sde\UN_ELECTRIC.Electric NO_KEEP_EDIT NO_COMPRESS_DEFAULT c:\program files\arcgis\pro\Resources\ArcToolbox\toolboxes\Data Management Tools.tbx\Versions\UnregisterAsVersioned Thursday, August 13, 2020 11:49:21 AM ..\ElectricUtilityNetwork_a9fce4\orcl.sde\UN_ELECTRIC.Electric false false  ..\ElectricUtilityNetwork_a9fce4\orcl.sde\UN_ELECTRIC.Electric   1000 0 ..\ElectricUtilityNetwork_a9fce4\p20\electric_assetpackage.gdb false LZ77 MEAN 0 ACM599 STATISTICS 1 1 false CONVERT_UNITS false true NEAREST true Same As Input true 128 128 PYRAMIDS -1 NEAREST DEFAULT 75 NO_SKIP NO_SIPS false CURRENT NONE MAXOF Same As Input DEFAULT false false ..\ElectricUtilityNetwork_a9fce4\p20\electric_assetpackage.gdb  Start Time: Thursday, August 13, 2020 11:49:21 AM Succeeded at Thursday, August 13, 2020 11:49:38 AM (Elapsed Time: 16.95 seconds)  Thursday, August 13, 2020 11:49:21 AM 16.95 seconds   

0 Kudos
SergueiSokolov
New Contributor III

... I just want to close the loop on this issue...

Upon further investigation the issue was triggered by settings of the default SDE_TBS tablespace. The "autoextensible" parameter was set to NO. The allocated by default 400Mb was just enough to complete Apply Package process but Oracle couldn't increment during execution of the "Register As Versioned", hence it failed. Troubleshooting was complicated by another defect I mentioned above:  Note the resulting dialog was shown as "empty white".  see screenshot below

As Paul LeBlank mentioned the reported messages were just the result of failed initial Register As Versioned attempt. I had to remove the user in   Oracle and alter the default SDE_TBS tablespace with autoextend ON: 

alter database datafile 'C:\TEMP\ORA\DATABASE\SDE_TBS' autoextend on;

This fixed the issue (had to re-deploy the Electric asset package from scratch with the altered tablespace). I do not see reasons why the default setting for SDE_TBS wouldn't have the autoextend parameter ON to avoid the issues. Please consider

0 Kudos