Select to view content in your preferred language

Recommended way to deploy electric utility network foundation in ArcGIS Enterprise

Jump to solution
08-09-2023 09:55 AM
robertopepato_bizpoke
New Contributor III

Hello everybody, 

I did download the latest Electric UN Foundation (version 2.2) from ArcGIS Solutions and I am preparing to create an ArcGIS Enterprise development environment as quickly as possible.

While exploring the options during the asset package deployment phase, I did notice that the Asset Package FGDB for the electric domain doesn't contain network data, just the schema and configurations (like domains, subtypes, etc) - as opposed to the solution Asset Packages in other domains (like gas for example) that contains schema, configurations, and data - among others.

The application of the existing asset package works but as there is no data in it, the result is a valid but empty UN in the target ArcGIS Enterprise.

I'm interested in getting advice from the community about the recommended pattern/way to get a full Naperville Electric UN deployment (schema, configurations, and data) on an ArcGIS Enterprise target.

Thanks

0 Kudos
14 Replies
robertopepato_bizpoke
New Contributor III

Hi @RobertKrisher , here are the versions I'm using for this deployment:

Pro 3.1.2
Comms 1.4

0 Kudos
RobertKrisher
Esri Regular Contributor

@robertopepato_bizpoke Ok, this appears to be caused by bug BUG-000152404 and a specific attribute rule in the core asset package. @mmiller do you have a workaround for this issue for this version of the communications utility network foundation?

robertopepato_bizpoke
New Contributor III

Thank you for your help @RobertKrisher . I'll test the same procedure with a different domain (probably water) in parallel and let you know about the results.

0 Kudos
robertopepato_bizpoke
New Contributor III

@RobertKrisher just an FYI: I did test copying/pasting with a number of different domains (water distribution, gas, and electric), and all of them did load the UN in the new egdb without any error. It looks like the issue is just on the Comms model, which I'm processing through export/stage/apply now.

One more time, thanks for helping out.

0 Kudos
MikeMillerGIS
Esri Frequent Contributor

The work around for the copy paste bug is remove all comments from the attribute rules(specifically CL-Batch Strand Status).  Oddly enough, the bug has to deal with the word attribute in the comments and how they parse the arcade logic.

0 Kudos