Read UN implicit connectivity with FME

Jump to solution
11-14-2022 01:55 AM
ManuelLopez4
New Contributor

Hi, we have migrated a network from Geometry Network to Utility Network. We have a process based on FME that exports the network. The export is performed on user demand when a change or a set of changes occurs. The exported network is imported into another system to perform especific calculations. In the second system it is necessary to arrange all the connections between the elements of the UN, both explicit and implicit. The export can be done either as incremental or of the entire network, and can occur several times a day, depending on the user's needs.

- How can the implicit connectivity of the features be obtained? In the geometric network, from the FROM and TO fields it was possible to obtain the junctions to which a line section is related, and thus, to obtain all the connectivity. Now, in the UN there is no possibility to query those fields. We have been able to obtain the explicit connectivity, but not the implicit connectivity.

- On the other hand, we have a complex line feature class. The case is that we have relatively long and complex line sections. That line section is represented by a single feature, so it has a series of connection points with which it connects to other line sections or elements. At any given time, a connection point may be added to the line section for convenience in order to connect a new feature. The question is that with the geometric network, the complex feature was subdivided into several sub-sections from which we could obtain an identifier, the EID, and from each of them we could obtain its FROM and its TO, and get all the connectivity of the seciont. How could we obtain the sub-sections into which the complex feature is divided in the UN?

I'm refering to geodb_element_id, geodb_from_junction_element_id and geodb_to_junction_element_id. In Geometry Network those fields were populated in FME, but with Utility Network those fields are not populated.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jclarke
New Contributor III

Have you had a look at Export Subnetwork?

I am not sure if it does everything you want, but I am interested to know.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
jclarke
New Contributor III

Have you had a look at Export Subnetwork?

I am not sure if it does everything you want, but I am interested to know.

ManuelLopez4
New Contributor

Yes, that fullfills our requirement.

A lot of thanks, jclarke.

0 Kudos