"Network topology must be enabled" after enabling Network topology on Utility Network

Jump to solution
07-08-2019 04:37 AM
KillianPaenen
New Contributor II

Hi all,

This issue started since upgrading ArcGIS Pro and untools to 2.4 and wasn't present in 2.3.
Staging and deploying a Utility Network works fine but it starts after running the Enable Network Topology tool (both Gas and Electric have the same issues since then). The tool itself succeeds but every other UN tool ran hereafter fails with the error:

ERROR 001793: Network topology must be enabled.

The network topology however, is enabled and trying to run Enable Network Topology again results in:

ERROR 001803: The network topology already exists.

Even the Utility Network's properties show that it is enabled:

This contradicting error proves to be quite the hassle, but there is more!
The Validate Topology and Trace tools fail with ERROR 001793 when ran from the Geoprocessing tab, but they succeed when ran from the ribbon. Since the ribbon doesn't contain all tools, we're still unable to run e.g. Update Subnetwork or Create Diagram.

I already tried restaging the UN and reapplying the asset package, resharing it to Portal, disabling and reenabling the network topology, but the error keeps returning. Even on Esri's sample data...

Any ideas?
Thanks in advance and kind regards,

Killian Paenen

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AlexanderThurstlic
Esri Contributor

Paul LeBlancKillian Paenen

This behavior in ArcGIS Pro 2.4 has been reported and reproduced by Support and a new defect has been logged to look into this further. 

View solution in original post

23 Replies
PaulLeBlanc1
Esri Contributor

Killian, 

I'd suggest you open a support ticket. I've not seen this behavior before.

0 Kudos
AlexanderThurstlic
Esri Contributor

Paul LeBlancKillian Paenen

This behavior in ArcGIS Pro 2.4 has been reported and reproduced by Support and a new defect has been logged to look into this further. 

KillianPaenen
New Contributor II

Thanks for the reply.
Don't need to open a support ticket anymore then?
We'll be waiting for further developments on the matter.

AlexanderThurstlic
Esri Contributor

Hi Killian.  You can still open a support ticket so that we can check your system environment details and utility network versions against what was logged in the defect.  If appropriate, your support case can be attached to the already logged defect for easier tracking.

MelissaJarman
Esri Contributor

Killian Paenen The above symptoms sound like they are related to the following bug. Please review and see if the workarounds noted help you move past these compatibility issues. 

Bug: Unable to perform editing/administration workflows when accessing a utility network from an Arc... 

0 Kudos
HusseinNasser2
Esri Contributor

Hey Killian,

can you provide the fiddler logs of update subnetwork? I think one of the calls before update subnetwork is failing and the software is giving a generic error message. We were trying to catch this bug for long time, if you have a repro case it will be great. Also tell us if you are updating subnetwork in a version or in default that will help.  

Thanks

p.s. I contacted support with the same request. 

-Hussein

0 Kudos
KevinKirkwood
New Contributor III

Has there been any resolution to this? I am having the same problem and it's causing issues hitting deadlines. 

Thanks,

Kevin

0 Kudos
HusseinNasser2
Esri Contributor

Hey Kevin,

We have found the problem with Pro 2.4 consuming utility network that are published to 10.6.1/10.6 services. We are planning to bring the fix to 2.4.2

Please confirm that you are on the same environment so we make sure that we covered all cases.. 

Thanks!

Hussein

0 Kudos
KevinKirkwood
New Contributor III

Hussein,

I'm running Pro 2.4.0 and my utility network service is published to 10.6. I'm using the UNtools 2.4.

I guess my question would be, is there a way to roll back the UN tools to a previous version? This bug makes the workflow pretty much unusable for me as I can't validate the topology at all. I'm not sure if it will let me update the subnetwork yet but I'm about to try that. 

When is 2.4.2 planned to be released?

0 Kudos