multiple junction-edge associations at the same vertex

Jump to solution
03-03-2022 09:45 PM
PierreloupDucroix
Occasional Contributor II

Hi,

I imported a list of junction-edge connectivity associations into an electric UN with "import associations" tbx.

For purpose of simplicity, all junctions are associated with the "from" rule (I guess it means the first vertex of the line).

Thus, after successful import, I have several junctions associated with the same first vertex of a line. When I try to validate the topology, I now have errors on the lines :

Error(s)21: Duplicate vertices.

I tried to reproduce manually, but it is not permitted to associate more than one junction at the same end of a line :

PierreloupDucroix_0-1646372248903.png

Is there a way to get rid of this restriction and have multiple junctions connected to the same line at the same vertex ? Or I have to create midspan associations and set a random value...

Another question is, when I try to view these associations, nothing appears on the map (no dashed line like an association between to points), is this the normal behaviour ?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MikeMillerGIS
Esri Frequent Contributor

Are you creating Junction-Edge associations between a point and a line?  There is a bug in File GDB that allows this and J-E between two spatial features is not supported.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
MikeMillerGIS
Esri Frequent Contributor

Are you creating Junction-Edge associations between a point and a line?  There is a bug in File GDB that allows this and J-E between two spatial features is not supported.

0 Kudos
PierreloupDucroix

Hi Mike,

Thank you, I understand here (https://pro.arcgis.com/fr/pro-app/latest/help/data/utility-network/feature-restrictions.htm) that the only possible J-E association between Line and Point is from an edge object (or structure edge object) and not from a spatial line.

I am working in a mobile geodatabase, there must be this bug you're speaking of.

I guess the only way to do what I want is to create edge objects for each line, or to put junctions on each line, then to create the connectivity associations with my existing point feature (junction)

Regards

0 Kudos
PierreloupDucroix

I found an alternative solution that works for me :

I created a containment association between the line (electric cable) and the structure junction (representing a cut in the duct that contains the cable).  I do not have the duct line features, and cannot create a  structural attachment since it doesn't support line feature. So far, it works now, and I can trace the containers from the cables.

0 Kudos