Missing Stage Utility Network tool in ArcGIS Pro 2.4.1

Jump to solution
08-21-2019 10:32 PM
IvoIhtimanski
New Contributor II

Hi,

I'm trying to use the tool ''Stage Utility Network'' but I cannot find it.

In ArcGIS Pro 2.3 I had no problems to use the tool. Now I’m using ArcGIS Pro 2.4.1 with untools version 2.4.1 and it’s missing from the toolbox.

Am I doing something wrong or it's by design?

Thanks,

Ivo

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PaulLeBlanc1
Esri Contributor

If you run the following from the python window in Pro, what does it show?

import untools
untools.__version__
dir(arcpy.pt)

If StageUtilityNetwork shows up here, that means it is installed but is hidden from the UI. Not sure what could cause only this tool to do this...

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
PaulLeBlanc1
Esri Contributor

If you run the following from the python window in Pro, what does it show?

import untools
untools.__version__
dir(arcpy.pt)

If StageUtilityNetwork shows up here, that means it is installed but is hidden from the UI. Not sure what could cause only this tool to do this...

0 Kudos
IvoIhtimanski
New Contributor II

Thank you Paul! The mistake was mine I didn't choose a clone version in Project Environment.

Todd_Kesselring
New Contributor III

I am having a similar issue. All the UN tools show when I run the code in Python but none of the untools show in the user interface and I don't see the toolbox. I see a box called Utility Network Tools but the Stage Utility Network tool is not in it. Am I looking in the wrong place?:

import untools
untools.__version__
'3.1.1'
dir(arcpy.pt)
['AssetPackageToFileGeodatabase', 'AssetPackageToUtilityNetwork', 'AssignTerminalConnections', 'ChangeGDBSpatialReference', 'CreateConfigurationTable', 'CreateRenameTable', 'CreateUtilityNetworkAssociations', 'StageUtilityNetwork', 'UpgradeAssetPackage', 'UtilityNetworkToAssetPackage', '__alias__', '__all__', '__builtins__', '__cached__', '__doc__', '__file__', '__loader__', '__name__', '__package__', '__spec__', '_runner', 'utils']

0 Kudos
Todd_Kesselring
New Contributor III

I fixed this eventually. I switched from a virtual machine to installing ArcPro 3.1.1 on my own machine, deleted non-working Python cloned environments, creating a new cloned environment (all while running as administrator). Shut down, restarted, added untools. Restarted again and the tools were available in the interface.

0 Kudos