Select to view content in your preferred language

Missing geometry using the Execute Data Load Tool

09-24-2020 09:31 AM
LindseyStone
Occasional Contributor III

I am executing a data load for my water utility network via some local geodatabases for testing and I am running into issues.

I have created my data loading workspace that contains 18 layers.  When I run the execute data load tool one of my layers (hydrant laterals) doesn't import correctly.  The data is there in the Water Line feature attribute table but there is no geometry associated to it on the map.  In the attribute table I can select a feature that would be a hydrant lateral (now a hydrant service in the utility network) and tell it to zoom to the selected.  It will zoom to the correct location but there is no line there.

If I go into the DataReference.xlsx prior to running the Execute Data Load and turn all layers to False EXCEPT for the Hydrant Laterals and then the Execute Data Load it will run on just that layer and import the data and geometry correctly.  I tried to run these in two steps where I make the hydrant Laterals FALSE and run everything but that, but then my mains failed to upload it's geometry.

So what I'm having to do is Execute the data load on the Entire workspace, delete the hydrant services from the water line and then run Execute the data on just the hydrant laterals.  Making this a 1 step process into 3.  I'm in my testing and data correct against the topology so I'm having to do this multiple times.

I have ran the check geometry tool in ArcMap and received no errors on this dataset. I have recreated a fresh data loading workspace and replaced the hydrant lateral worksheet into my working data loading workspace.  I also did the same with the DataReference worksheet.  I did not want to start completely fresh on my data loading workspace as it took a long time to map all the fields in the 18 layers.  I have upgraded my machine to Pro 2.5.2 and tried on another machine using 2.5.1.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
13 Replies
MikeMillerGIS
Esri Frequent Contributor

Thank you for the data. We have determined the issue, but unclear how it is occurring. To fix your data, you need to recalculate your spatial index. How did you set the projection of your asset package?

0 Kudos
LindseyStone

So many steps to get to that point.  So I have a Destination Utility Network (which I believe I had submitted with all the rest of the data) that has the projection set in that.  I then run the export asset package against that to get the Destination Staging asset package that I have importing my data into.  I believe I had exported the Schema out of Utility Network for Napperville and changed my projection to mine using a tool to get the Destination Utility Network.  I was following along with this. Prepare for data loading—Get Started | ArcGIS Solutions for Water 

0 Kudos
MikeMillerGIS
Esri Frequent Contributor

Ok that is good, if you used the Change Asset Package spatial reference, that correctly sets the spatial reference. Now to determine how the spatial grid size got out of sync with the data. Thank you for the info.

0 Kudos
LindseyStone

I just tried the recalculate spatial index after I execute the data load and my geometry shows.  So I don't have to do my 5 step workaround.  This is great advancement as the person on my support case just keeps trying different versions of pro.  

I tried to run this on the empty staging geodatabase AND on my hydrant lateral feature in my source geodatabase prior to running Execute Data Load and it didn't change the outcome.  So this only works after the execute data load tool has been ran.

0 Kudos