how to use StructureBoundary, StructureJunction, StructureLine, and WaterSubnetLine in our network?

08-27-2020 01:45 AM
MajdoleenO_A__Awadallah
Occasional Contributor III

how to use StructureBoundary, StructureJunction, StructureLine, and WaterSubnetLine in our network?

I went through this link and can we conclude that the structure network does not have any resources (such as water or electricity) flowing through it and only it is for visualizing? So if I have a pole and a device for example a transformer in the same place, I need to draw two different points, the pole as StructureJunction, and the transformer as a device in the same place? 

It will be nice if someone can conclude the main use of StructureBoundary, StructureJunction, StructureLine, and WaterSubnetLine? 

Inline image

Tags (1)
1 Reply
ShelleySchott
Esri Contributor

@MajdoleenO_A__Awadallah , I would recommend this article from SSP where they explain why the structure network is used. https://sspinnovations.com/blog/esri-utility-network-introducing-structure-network/ 

The main reason we use the structure network is to create associations to assets which won't have been linked in the geometric network approach.

Shelley Schott
Senior Consultant, Esri Australia