How to restore deleted features in Utility Network Model

Jump to solution
08-07-2022 06:56 PM
EC1
by
New Contributor III

How can I recover features that were incorrectly deleted in the Utility Network Model?

I recall reading that all features are never truly deleted in UNM, but are just marked as inactive or similar, I can see them in the SQL DB. Is there an edit history somewhere?

Also, if a feature is restored/recovered, and a feature with the same global ID already exists, how can we avoid this issue from happening: https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-utility-network-questions/duplicate-globalid-renders-deleting-r...

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SSchott_CLAU
New Contributor III

@EC1 , when you edit or delete items in the UNM it records the events in the archive tables. Here is where you can track all the edits. 

To view the archive datasets, you add the feature class from the database into ArcGIS Pro and there will be a data tab on the ribbon with an option called "Add Archive". This will create a query layer where you can view all the edits to a feature which has been posted to default.

SSchott_Corelogic_0-1660001994709.png

If the edits have been posted to default, it maybe tricky to rollback the edits. You may need to manually update the feature to it's original setting through a new branch version in feature service. You can use the archive query layer as a guide to what to change it to.

I would stay clear of restoring features in the database directly, as there are many other tables in the backend which the Utility Network relies on to function correctly and they use the GlobalID to do the linking. You may break other features when updating SQL directly.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
SSchott_CLAU
New Contributor III

@EC1 , when you edit or delete items in the UNM it records the events in the archive tables. Here is where you can track all the edits. 

To view the archive datasets, you add the feature class from the database into ArcGIS Pro and there will be a data tab on the ribbon with an option called "Add Archive". This will create a query layer where you can view all the edits to a feature which has been posted to default.

SSchott_Corelogic_0-1660001994709.png

If the edits have been posted to default, it maybe tricky to rollback the edits. You may need to manually update the feature to it's original setting through a new branch version in feature service. You can use the archive query layer as a guide to what to change it to.

I would stay clear of restoring features in the database directly, as there are many other tables in the backend which the Utility Network relies on to function correctly and they use the GlobalID to do the linking. You may break other features when updating SQL directly.