Select to view content in your preferred language

How to deal with Junction and Device-Features with the same geometry

Jump to solution
01-14-2023 04:28 PM
Luca_Schikowski
New Contributor III

Hi
I am experiencing some troubles while configuring my utility network. I got 2 different input datasets: "main distribution points" and "connection points". The main distribution points are going to be in my device feature class, while the connection points are part of the junction feature class (domain network). So.. apparently both got the same geometry and I think because of feature restrictions I get some trouble here. 
What is the correct way to deal with this?

Should I use connectivity associations? But therefor I need to edit the geometry of my connection points, right?

Thanks in advance for your help!
Greetings from Germany

Luca

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jens_Dalsgaard
Occasional Contributor

Stacked Junctions is likely the error (dirty area) that you will encounter with such data. 

UN is unforgiving on this (as it is with duplicate vertices, self-intersecting lines, etc.)

You will need to create a program that displaces some of these features (e.g., an inch into the air) whist maintaining correct connectivity.

Jens Dalsgaard
Principal Product Owner
Power Grid, V O L U E
jens.dalsgaard&@volue.com
Volue Technology Denmark A/S
Alfred Nobels Vej 27
9220 Aalborg Øst, Denmark
volue.com

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Jens_Dalsgaard
Occasional Contributor

Stacked Junctions is likely the error (dirty area) that you will encounter with such data. 

UN is unforgiving on this (as it is with duplicate vertices, self-intersecting lines, etc.)

You will need to create a program that displaces some of these features (e.g., an inch into the air) whist maintaining correct connectivity.

Jens Dalsgaard
Principal Product Owner
Power Grid, V O L U E
jens.dalsgaard&@volue.com
Volue Technology Denmark A/S
Alfred Nobels Vej 27
9220 Aalborg Øst, Denmark
volue.com