08-01-2022 02:32 PM
LorenMueller
Occasional Contributor

I am using:

Esri Ent 10.9.1

Pro v2.9.3

UN v5 (UPDM 2021)

SQL Server v15.0.2095.3

I am creating a UPDM Utility Network in SQL Server and configuring the system to not manage ‘IsDirty’ attribute in Pipeline_SubnetLine (said another way, my Asset Package B_Tier table has the field Manage_IsDirty set to False for all tiers – a more recent best-practice for performance gains).  The following errors occur when using the Export Subnetwork GP tool (Different errors if in python than in the GP Pane).

(FYI – I am able to run the tool just fine in both the GP Pane and in Python in a second DB where the system is managing the ‘IsDirty’ attribute in Pipeline_SubnetLine, which is why I think this is the heart of the issue).

GP Tool: Export Subnetwork (Utility Network Tools)

GP Tool Env: Geoprocessing Pane

GP Tool Error: ERROR 001982:  No clean subnetworks were discovered.

(The tool will not load any of the subnetwork names in the Tier for the user to choose from if IsDirty = True in Pipeline_SubnetLine

GP Tool: Export Subnetwork (Utility Network Tools)

GP Tool Env: Python

GP Tool Error: ERROR 160526: No starting points found.

(an ambiguous error, but I think it is coming from the same issue - IsDirty = True in Pipeline_SubnetLine for all subnets).

Thanks for any ideas you might have. My hunch is that there is a limitation (bug?) in the tool that will not let it work without system managed 'Is Dirty' field in Pipeline_SubnetLine.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertKrisher
Esri Regular Contributor

This is a current, known limitation of disabling the management of the "is dirty" flag. If the system you are integrating with supports other formats you may be able to use other tools to export your data (copy, features, features to json, etc).

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RobertKrisher
Esri Regular Contributor

This is a current, known limitation of disabling the management of the "is dirty" flag. If the system you are integrating with supports other formats you may be able to use other tools to export your data (copy, features, features to json, etc).

0 Kudos
LorenMueller
Occasional Contributor

Thank you @RobertKrisher . As it is also known that the Update Subnetwork tool is costly (performance) on larger networks, I do hope an option for running the Export Subnetwork tool when 'Is Dirty' is not system managed is being developed.

0 Kudos