ERROR 000824: The tool is not licensed during GPservice execution

Jump to solution
05-11-2023 10:51 PM
ДмитрийЛукаш
New Contributor II

Hi!

I've created a tool that uses `StageUtilityNetwork` tool from untools.

It works perfectly fine in ArcGis Pro but when I publish this tool as a GP server it throws error:

ERROR 000824: The tool is not licensed. Failed to execute (StageUtilityNetwork).

ArcGis Server v.11.1, Linux, has Advanced license level.

Would appreciate any help, pals!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PaulLeBlanc1
Esri Contributor
Every GP tool in untools calls this to determine if the tool can be opened.

def isLicensed(self):
    """Set whether tool is licensed to execute."""
    standard = arcpy.CheckProduct("ArcEditor") in ("Available", "AlreadyInitialized")
    advanced = arcpy.CheckProduct("ArcInfo") in ("Available", "AlreadyInitialized")
    return standard or advanced

Because it is running under an ArcGIS Server context, this function is presumably returning `False`.

I'm not sure how Server Python is running on Linux (Wine?), but untools is only built on win-64. https://anaconda.org/Esri/untools/files

Even if the license check were changed to work on both Server/ArcGIS Pro, there's probably further work that would need to be done to ensure every tool works on linux-64.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Publish and consume services with a utility network—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

states

License:
The active portal account must be licensed with the ArcGIS Utility Network user type extension to create, publish, and work with a utility network in an enterprise geodatabase.

If that is relevant in your case

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
ДмитрийЛукаш
New Contributor II

Thanks for your reply. This is true. The user acc that uses tool must have UtilityNetwork license. I'll double check that, but in this case it is something different.

1. The user do have the license

2. The error (ERROR 000824) i believe is about arcgis environment license level - like Basic, Standard and Advanced.

0 Kudos
PaulLeBlanc1
Esri Contributor

Stage Utility Network was not intended to be run on ArcGIS Server (ie, as a GP service). You would need to install untools (the python package) into Server's python environment.

Can you explain your workflow for creating a utility network via a service?

0 Kudos
ДмитрийЛукаш
New Contributor II

Your are precisely correct. To run "Stage Utility Network" tool I need untools library installed into ArcGis Server Environment.

I've done that, double-checked - it is there, installed and available. The error is not about import.

I've created a tool that works locally in ArcGis Pro 3.1, can be published after successful run, but, for some reason, don't want work on ArcGis Server. This tool is peaty simple: It creates .sde file, download asset package and run Stage Utility Network.

0 Kudos
PaulLeBlanc1
Esri Contributor
Every GP tool in untools calls this to determine if the tool can be opened.

def isLicensed(self):
    """Set whether tool is licensed to execute."""
    standard = arcpy.CheckProduct("ArcEditor") in ("Available", "AlreadyInitialized")
    advanced = arcpy.CheckProduct("ArcInfo") in ("Available", "AlreadyInitialized")
    return standard or advanced

Because it is running under an ArcGIS Server context, this function is presumably returning `False`.

I'm not sure how Server Python is running on Linux (Wine?), but untools is only built on win-64. https://anaconda.org/Esri/untools/files

Even if the license check were changed to work on both Server/ArcGIS Pro, there's probably further work that would need to be done to ensure every tool works on linux-64.

ДмитрийЛукаш
New Contributor II

Yeah! This totally make sense. Thanks for enlightening me.

0 Kudos