Select to view content in your preferred language

Dirty Areas (Structure Junction) concentrated in one location

08-26-2022 09:48 AM
BugPie
by
Occasional Contributor III

Working with Utility Network on a Sewer net. I've been cleaning up some of the lateral connections and a few other geometry changes to pipe fittings. I've validated the entire project area with success. 

However when I look at the table for the "Dirty Areas" I see ~50 records on "Structure Junctions" with an error code of 0 and the error message is blank. If I select one of these rows and zoom to it, I am finding that all 50 or so are in the exact same location AND are way outside (6 miles SW) of the geography that the sewer network is in. Almost like they are sitting on the origin coordinates.

What are these? - can I fix it ? and will it effect the tracing capabilities?  I'm very new to this Utility Network and still trying to quickly learn the ropes. 

Utility Network Version:5    Pro version: 2.9.1

0 Kudos
8 Replies
MikeMillerGIS
Esri Frequent Contributor

Could you share a screenshot?  If you right click on the row and select show pop up, does it provide any more info?  

0 Kudos
BugPie
by

Hello! - thanks for your response. I can get the pop up to display but I'm not seeing much additional information that I can use, but please review the attached screenshot. Anything stick out to you? 

I have not tried to disable and re-enable topology recently, but it's one of the things I've been reading that may help fix.?  

0 Kudos
MikeMillerGIS

Ok, So it is an object error.  Can you find the SJ feature by Global ID(Feature GUID) and load it into the Modify Association panel?  This should tell us which association is bad.  Also, we should check to see if this SJ has an empty geometry.

0 Kudos
BugPie
by

I've been unable to locate any records in the SJ feature table by  using the Feature GUID(GUID) field or Global ID (GlobalID) found in the Dirty areas table.  Looked at 4 different records at random and none were showing up in the SJ. 

So I've been unable to load those specific feature records into the modify associations panel to review. Selecting a feature from the SJ layer that display normally on the map - I can see the associations, but none of the records found in Dirty areas are useable etc. I have to be missing something?  

0 Kudos
MikeMillerGIS

Hmm, Maybe these are in the JunctionObject or EdgeObject classes and they are unlocatable, which would explain the lower left corner.  Can you check the 4 Object classes for these GlobalIDs?  

0 Kudos
BugPie
by

Ah, great idea - I did not think about those tables. However, when inspecting these 4 Object Tables from the Network gdb I'm finding that there are no records contained within any of the 4 tables --   Sewer Edge Object, Sewer Junction Object, Structure Edge Object, Structure Junction Object.

I've jumped into this Utility Network towards the tail end so I'm not sure if these tables being empty is by design or mistake? 

0 Kudos
MikeMillerGIS

No issue with those being empty.  Just means you did not load any data.  But without records in there, not sure how you got an object error.  My last guess is that a feature has a containment association, but the parent container has been deleted.  

If you add the Associations table to the map, we can look for any associations with errors.  Download the UDMS tool and use the Create Utility Network System Tables View tool.  Look for any records with error codes - 

MikeMillerGIS_0-1661872308297.png

0 Kudos
BugPie
by

Thanks for the suggestion! I'll be able to give this a whack later this week and will reply once I get some time to try. Thanks for your help Mike Miller. 

0 Kudos